Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Final Cut Pro X work with Yosemite

Will Final Cut Pro X work with Yosemite?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 2:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 18, 2014 2:23 PM

Yes.

It's working fine here with no issues.

More importantly, there are many experienced users who have been using FCP X extensively on the Yosemite.beta.

Do a search and you'll find many threads in this subject .

Russ

38 replies

Oct 18, 2014 3:42 PM in response to Mas_Ter_Piece

Upgraded to Yosemite overnight Friday. Now FCP X is grayed out (Version 10.1.1) but the App software not offer an upgrade to 10.1.3. The App window updated several pieces of software for use with Yosemite (included Pages, Numbers,iTunes, etc.) but no upgrade to FCPX. This is a MacPro 6-core machine with 16GB of memory. What is going on here? My FCPX is registered in my App Store and has been regularly upgraded. I'm down on a busy weekend having to use my MacBook Pro on heavy edited jobs.

Oct 18, 2014 5:19 PM in response to Tom Wolsky

Found an earlier of FCP X on a Thunderbolt disk that the upgrade Yosemite decided as the application one and not the one in the accessories on the solid state applications drive. Removed it, removed the icon that linked to it from the dock and changed to the proper drive. Removed the second copy from an active drive and now everything works. Thanks for your help.

Oct 23, 2014 12:16 PM in response to dougthompson

me too version 10.8. It would have been nice to know yosemite was going to crap out my primary video editing software! I use this for my video editing for my business video production and it would have been nice to know ahead of time or here's a crazy idea how about the software developers who are making millions off final cut pro sales release a fix BEFORE apple roles out yosemite for free. I don't have time to chase down every blog in the world to see issues etc. The reason I bought a mac is I just need it to work so I can work on my business.

Will Final Cut Pro X work with Yosemite

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.