Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 12.0.1 cannot detect iPhone 5s iOS 8.0.2

Everything was working fine until I just downloaded and installed the new ITunes. Now the program wont recognize any of the Apple products (Ipad 1, Ipad 2, 2-Iphone 4s and 1-Phone 5s). I check each device and click "TRUST" when asking if this computer is to be trusted, but the products are not recognized in ITUNES and won't sync. I have unauthorized and reauthorized the computer, hard reset the phones and Ipads, and uninstalled and reinstalled ITunes, but to no avail.

Any ideas on this? From the numerous postings on the net, this is NOT an isolated incident. Apple needs to step up here and fix this major FUBAR.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.0.2, Numerous Apple Products

Posted on Oct 19, 2014 1:45 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 9:15 PM

same issue here...so what's the word on this? I can't update my phone to ios8 (which may be the problem) because I can't access my phone/ipad through itunes...due to not having enough storage space on the phone and ipad...????

98 replies

Oct 22, 2014 11:19 AM in response to ChrispcritterOR

Hey ChrispcritterOR,

Thanks for the question. After reviewing your post, it sounds like iTunes is not recognizing iOS devices. I see you have already done some troubleshooting. I would recommend that you read this article, it may be able to help you resolve or isolate the issue.

iOS: Device not recognized in iTunes for OS X

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Have a nice day,

Mario

Oct 23, 2014 8:41 PM in response to ChrispcritterOR

this worked for me;
go to your control panel

then device manager

expand 'portable devices'

you should see the generic 'apple iPhone'

right click on that device

click update driver software

select search automatically

it should take a few mins, it'll disconnect/reconnect etc.

should be good once it updates to the proper driver

worked for me, hope this helps.

Oct 24, 2014 12:48 PM in response to ChrispcritterOR

iphone 4 with 7.1.2, Itunes 12.01 doesnt work. Worked with old version of Itunes.

I tried using the same phone on my brother comp who didn't update yet and it works.

using a windows 8.1 pc.

always comes up with an unknown error (0xE8000065). Tried all that troubleshooting stuff already.

things tried.

Use another cable

reinstall itunes + the apple device support drivers as well

restarting comp

update drivers via device manager

etc etc

nothing works.

iTunes 12.0.1 cannot detect iPhone 5s iOS 8.0.2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.