Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite killed my Snapz Pro X 2.5.4

I have been a long time frequent user of Snapz Pro Screen Capture utility but since updating to Yosemite I am no longer able to capture mac audio. Does anyone have any good alternative apps to use that work on Yosemite or any solutions to get Snapz working?

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Oct 20, 2014 10:27 PM

50 replies

Nov 8, 2014 6:02 AM in response to Lakedaisy

Well, I'd say that the company is more like - defunct. That anyone is still running the web site and providing fixes at all to that software seems kind of amazing, and I do appreciate those efforts. Frankly though, buying anything from Ambrosia at this point in time would be an extremely dicey situation.

The fact that people here (and elsewhere) are lamenting this situation shows that the product was a very worthy piece of software. I really would like to get it back!!!

Dec 19, 2014 6:49 AM in response to mikenemesh

Thanks, mikenemesh, I was about to give up until I read your post. Unfortunately, after zapping everything, I had no easy way to reinstall SnapZPro. However, I just went back a few hours in Time Machine and restored (just) the application. Worked fine.

Oops, just noticed that when screen-grabbing video, the audio is not captured. Message from SnapZPro: to get the audio, have to install AmbrosiaAudioSupport. Did so. (Now have to restart the computer.)

Dec 19, 2014 1:02 PM in response to Robert Leedom

hi Robert I had the exact same experience with SnapZPro 😟
I downloaded the iShowU demo version http://www.shinywhitebox.com/ it works fine with yosemite, however until one pays $79 all vids are watermarked . so far, thats okay for me bc mainly i'm interested in audio screen capture > eventually i'm sure i'll buy it .
i find the interface more complicated than ambrosia's, it has lots of options in settings, in the end maybe that'll turn out to be a good thing

Dec 19, 2014 4:52 PM in response to Fried_Dumplings

Yeah, well I spent a bundle on Ambrosia's SnapZPro not all that long ago, and I'm not thrilled about spending another $79 on something similar. Furthermore, iShowU is only full-screen capture, with no option to grab just part of the screen (which is what I need).

QuickTime Player can do screen (or part of screen) capture, but it can't record Mac audio -- which seems like the easiest part of the problem to me.

I'll keep looking for something else, while actually hoping that Ambrosia can make one last surge at updating this application for Yosemite.

Yosemite killed my Snapz Pro X 2.5.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.