Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.1 Update the red 1 badge stuck on setting app

Hey,

Just updated my phone to iOS 8.1 and I now have a red badge or notification saying that I have an update or something new waiting that I have not seen.

I am using an iPhone 5s.

Let me know if you have the same problem with iOS 8.1 or have even found a solution.

What would be great if apple highlighted within the settings app where the warning was coming from.

I have never had this problem till I updated to the new software iOS 8.1

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1, Red badge on settings

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 6:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 21, 2014 6:27 AM

User uploaded file

Here is a nice image of the problem. As you can see the red 1 badge on the Settings app.

The phone is fully up to date to iOS 8.1.

38 replies

Oct 21, 2014 6:31 AM in response to Redhammer!

I don't know about this, I never experienced it but the carrier update came to my mind..

try closing the app in the app switcher then open it, go to general > about. and wait a few seconds. If there is a carrier update it should pop up.

If not then it's not it & you should try to restart your phone either by a normal restart or a hard restart(holding standby + home buttons).

I hope I helped 🙂

Oct 21, 2014 6:38 AM in response to mohdx

Hi Mohdx.

When I go into General > About

I get all my general carrier information just fine.

I have also restarted my phone by holding the top button and swiping shut down.

I also help the top button and the home button to try a system reset. That also did nothing.

In the post that I mentioned above they mention a manual re-sync but I dont know how to do that. I cant find that anywhere on my phone.

iOS 8.1 Update the red 1 badge stuck on setting app

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.