Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot post - User ' ' is banned from posting.

Here's a new one for me.

I've been registered with Apple discussions for probably a decade.

I'm subscribed and participating in a thread: sleep wake problem with Yosemite on my Mac Mini Mid 2012

I read the new posts, log-in, click reply to the original comment, type my text and I get a red error:

" User 'asfahan' is banned from posting content "

Figured it was a glitch. Refreshed. Tried again. Same error?!

User uploaded file

So, what gives?

PS: Using latest Safari under Yosemite.

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 1:06 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 1:08 PM

Sadly, that has been an ongoing issue for months on the forum. The forum "engineers" have yet to determine a fix. Try logging out, then login again and all should be back to normal.

39 replies

Oct 25, 2014 12:26 PM in response to bobseufert

unless you refresh the page it will still appear as if you're logged in.

That's not enough for me. In Firefox at least, you need to clear the web browsers download cache.

--------------------------------------------------------------

I thought they had fixed the af... thing. I got some other cryptic message about two weeks ago.

Apple cannot fix anything around these forums in a timely fashion -- six months to a year.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Here is my ASC work flow...

1) I login.

2) Start an auto reloader.

Unless you do something every thirty minutes you get logged out. The forum software waits to tell you this as long as it can to keep you in suspense ;-) .

I use Firefox and ReloadEvery.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/reloadevery/

You need to pick a page that will reload over time without stalling out. It's ASC. I've found my profile display the best to use. I get my Profile page after some logins. It's ASC. Change rccharles to your apple id.
https://discussions.apple.com/profile/rccharles?view=discussions

3) I open another window to do my normal ASC browsing.

4) I have a FireFox bookmark to goto the discussions that I have participated in. I've modified it to add on the content stuff.

turingtest2 recommends. Change rccharles to your apple id:

https://discussions.apple.com/profile/rccharles/content?filterID=participated~obj ecttype~objecttype%5Bthread%5D

5) Use turingtest2's generated links with the /content suffix as browser bookmark to the ASC discussions:

Site map of Communities and Categories

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-2463

6) I run with Hiroto's modification to user content. This is the only way these forums are readable for me. How to adjust the format and layout of ASC Web Pages:

https://discussions.apple.com/docs/DOC-7501

7) Read and answer my old posts. I kind of memorize the time I last posted. ( It's way bad that apple eliminated the last poster to a thread. )

8) I use tabbed browsering. From a list of discussions, hold down the command key then click on the link. You get two tabs this way. The original window will keep where you have been.

Nov 16, 2014 8:01 AM in response to turingtest2

Good point that it is probably some default error message page that wasn't properly edited to reflect the issue at hand.

While I haven't had the posting problem for a few weeks; I do appear to get logged out constantly, without me requesting that. It never remembers me after a period of inactivity and then I seemingly can be logged in one tab and not in several later. Looked through profile & settings. They don't seem to have a keep me logged in option, which is sad.

A new thing I've started doing with the forums here and some others I frequent, due to random glitches in browsers & apps; whether OS X or iOS, is command a command c or select all copy; before hitting submit. I just hate to lose what I typed; especially typing slowly on the phone or iPad.

Nov 16, 2014 9:18 AM in response to basilmir

basilmir wrote:

... Who is 'asfahan' anyway?

Elementary, my dear Watson... the user appears to be a real person that was permanently banned in 2012

User uploaded file

asfahan participated in one thread

User uploaded file

and has no Activity - offending post(s) probably took place there

User uploaded file

This misbehavior is clearly a JiveWare glitch that is hard to fix as it appears to be random in nature... if it could be repeatable it would be fixed already. Take it from an interactive developer of almost 20 years = me = that if you can do it in testing, you cant fix it.

ÇÇÇ

Nov 16, 2014 9:38 AM in response to turingtest2

howdy tt2

heard your namesake mentioned repeatedly in the Tomorrow Prize Show yesterday

To put this to rest... it is NOT a function of log off (and therefore no erroneous messaging). It is an un-reproducable by ActionFlow repetition bug in the JiveWare, random in nature - is Always asfahan - therefore impossible to find and fix. If it stops, it may be just as random stopping as starting.

cheers

ÇÇÇ

Cannot post - User ' ' is banned from posting.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.