Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Yosemite screensaver problem. Constsantly reverts back to National Geographic.

Has anyone found a fix to the screensaver problem? Nothing I try seems to work, including editing the Library files.

Thanks.

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Oct 24, 2014 2:36 PM

I've been having this problem too, doesn't look like there is a solution out there. Are you trying to select your own photo library from iPhoto?

84 replies

Nov 3, 2014 4:28 PM in response to somesound

I am having this issue as well and have not had luck with any solution (removing ~/library/... config files etc...). Not willing to keep my preferences open as my son will surely find it and do something.

Anyway, bumping this thread as it's annoying. The reason we have the computer in the kitchen is to see our family photos rotate on screen saver. Bummer.

Nov 9, 2014 9:15 AM in response to somesound

Here's an idea for a work around. Go to theNational Geographic photos folder and substiture your own photos. Under the finder menu, select go and then "go to folder" and paste in /Library/Screen Savers/Default Collections/1-National Geographic That will show the content. Save those pictures if you like to a folder somewhere and add your own photos to the national geographic folder..

Nov 9, 2014 2:52 PM in response to somesound

Same problem here. I installed Yosemite and all was well for a few weeks. Suddenly, all I have on the desktop is Yosemite. When I try to select my usual desktop pics folder, I get the error message "Could not load Desktop and Screensaver pref pane". I tried putting the old one in the trash and restarting (did not delete it, fearing it may be gone forever) and nothing good happened. ****. j

Nov 9, 2014 5:15 PM in response to johnfromfairbanks

FYI

One work around that does work is to go into Library>Screensaver and delete the National Geographic pictures (or move them somewhere if you want to keep), and paste your desired screensaver pictures into the National Geographic folder instead. It will revert to National Geographic, but it will have the pictures you want. A bit like jury rigging Windows, but works.

Nov 9, 2014 8:43 PM in response to johnfromfairbanks

If we're still talking about the screen saver, (not the desktop) and you moved the pictures in the Library>Screensaver>National Geographic folder to another folder (on the desktop or in pictures for example), and added your pictures to the National Geographic folder, when the screensaver reverts to the National Geographic folder it will show the pictures in theNational Geographic folder, which are your pictures.

Yosemite screensaver problem. Constsantly reverts back to National Geographic.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.