Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to remove only-search.com from Safari?

Please, help me how to remove or uninstall onlysearch.com from my Safari?

MacBook Air, iOS 8.1

Posted on Oct 30, 2014 9:12 AM

53 replies

Oct 30, 2014 11:29 AM in response to Svetos

1. Safari > Preferences > Extensions

Turn those off and relaunch Safari again.

Turn those on one by one and test.

2. Download free AdwareMedic by clicking “Download ” from here

http://www.adwaremedic.com/index.php

Install , open, and run it by clicking “Scan for Adware” button to remove adware.

Once adware is removed, quit the app by clicking AdwareMedic in the menubar

and selecting “Quit AdwareMedic”.

Nov 2, 2014 6:54 AM in response to Svetos

I was wondering if anyone had other suggestions. When I click on the adware medic link it comes up for a sec then goes to safari can't find this page.... Im guessing it may be something to do with a virus? Im using Safari. Often times a Mac Cleaner or something along those lines with open in a new window when I am browsing. Any suggestions?? TIA.

Nov 13, 2014 9:31 AM in response to Svetos

I tried:

1. Safari > Preferences > Extensions

Turn those off and relaunch Safari again.

Turn those on one by one and test.

In does not work for me because the on/off button in extensions is off and has never been turned on. Now what can I do.

I HATE this. Somehow only-search.com came into my computer today and ever since by normally perfectly-running Mail and Safari are now acting really strange and I'm seeing the revolving beach ball way way more than ever.

Someone PLEASE HELP.

Thanks

Nov 16, 2014 9:36 PM in response to JoshPop

Thanks JoshPop for the idea of translating the AdwareMedic website into German! That worked for me too!!

The adwareMedic site would not open for me due to the adware virus so I used Google search in German to open it (just as JoshPop's post suggested) and then it worked.

I then downloaded the adwareMedic and it took care of the problem. Everything is working normal again.

Thanks again!!!!

How to remove only-search.com from Safari?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.