Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 plus messages app freezing crashing iOS 6.1

When opening sms or iMessage messages, screen will regularly pause for 10-15 seconds on a blank white screen to reload content, or if a lock screen shortcut takes me directly to the messages app it will freeze with just the last text bubble visible (no previous messages, no keyboard) for 10-15 seconds before loading.

Resetting iMessage from off to on, and resetting network settings has shown very limited success, but only for a matter of minutes before reverting. Often after 10-15 seconds, the app will crash before reloading.

I have also attempted to do a factory reset and then restore from backup (of the 6 plus) and the problem persists.

iphone 6 plus, iOS 8.1

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.1, messages app

Posted on Nov 1, 2014 9:26 AM

60 replies

Jan 16, 2015 5:51 AM in response to arichards85

I'm having this issue again. When I say again, I mean this happened to me before and I went to the Apple store and they "fixed" my issue by backing it up from a reset. A complete factory reset, that was a pain but whateves. That fixed it. That was about 2 months ago. Since 4 days ago, slowly allllll of my apps started to crash again. More than ever. I can't even open apple maps. Pretty much all of my frequently used apps are crashing and its a nightmare. Is there another solution to this? I need some seriously help. Nothing like trying to make it to class and not knowing where you are going because you have no maps.

iPhone 6 plus messages app freezing crashing iOS 6.1

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.