Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

will apple replace my slightly bent iphone 6?

I bought my iphone 6 about 1 month ago, and recently i notice it is a little bent.

Its not a big issue and the phone still works it just looks really weird and im worried it might get worse.

I didn't put the phone in my back pocket at all or try to bend it in any way so im pretty sure its not my fault.

If i take this to apple will they replace/fix my phone for free?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.0.2

Posted on Nov 3, 2014 11:21 PM

135 replies

Jul 21, 2017 12:26 PM in response to lobsterghost1

Hi there. First off all I'd like to say thanks for sharing bout ur iPhone 6 as mine is the same. And 2nd don't worry bout ignorant remarks from anyone who dose not want u to post here. If they don't like u mentioning bout ur iPhone 6 then they can clearly use there iPhone to remove themselves from ur topic. But as u said I phone 6 has a bend issue as for apple they won't be interested unless ur buying something from them. I think like me u should let apple go and pick a different brand off phone that can actually do as it says. But again thanks for sharing bout ur phone

Jul 21, 2017 1:56 PM in response to Tyler1972

Tyler1972 wrote:

But as u said I phone 6 has a bend issue as for apple they won't be interested unless ur buying something from them.

It only has a bend issue if force is applied to it. Consumer reports has found that the iPhones were no more likely to bend than any other brand of phone. So, if you buy a different brand of phone and treat it the same way, you'll probably have the same result.

Aug 16, 2017 11:44 AM in response to Kathleen_Zeglinski

I have a 6 Plus and had no bend at all in my phone and it just randomly stopped working the other day. Apple is saying it was "bent" through my otter box case and damaged "things" on the circuit board. If I were you I would replace ASAP as it will most likely bend even more and break at some point and apple will not help you out at all.

Sep 14, 2017 12:33 AM in response to sfdorton

Sir

My iPhone 6 is under warranty period and showing blue vertical lines. I went to your authorised dealer in Chandigarh . they said that your phone is minor bent it will get rejected from head office and in case of rejection I will have to pay them Rs 2000 for shipment as per your dealer.

As apple has accepted that iPhone 6 and 6 plus will be replaced even in case of minor Bend in normal usage because of large complaints kindly resolve my issue

Oct 23, 2017 8:47 AM in response to Antpep

Antpep wrote:

pressing your home button is force applied to the iphone. That doesnt mean it should bend. Apple, and other manufactures made bendable phones for a little while and should own up to it. Users put phone in their pockets.

They all still make bendable phones. Apply enough pressure and any thin electronics device will bend or break. But as always has been the case, it takes a considerable force to bend or break them.

Nov 4, 2014 9:21 AM in response to Kathleen_Zeglinski

Mine has a slight bend as well and I have honestly absolutely no idea how it happened. Never ever had any sort of damage to a phone, iPod, iPad in the past as I OCD in looking after my stuff. Was disappointed at the response I got from Apple Genius and subsequently the Apple store manager. They said that Apple policy is NOT to replace ANY iPhone 6 or 6 Plus with any sort of bend in it,. I was told to write to Apple in Ireland if I was still not happy. That was a complete waste of time as they eventually replied saying that my issue was a Technical Support one and that they did not provide technical support through written correspondence. My Letter clearly stated that I had been through the technical support route and that they had told me to contact Apple directly. All in all very disappointed.

As far as I am concerned the iPhone six plus has some sort of flaw that means in certain conditions it is susceptible to bending. They said it would have taken considerable force to bend an iPhone and my reply is if that is the case then surely I would be well aware of it happening.

I love Apple products though my recent iPhones and iMacs have not been as reliable as my previous products. I take great care of them and having spent many thousands of pound every year on Apple products I am very disappointed with the lack of support on this issue.

I anybody does know anyone who has had a bent iPhone 6 replaced then I would be very interested to know about it. Apple did say one of the places I was to seek help was on this forum.

Must say that, apart from the bend, I have had no other issues with my iPhone, and loving the camera especially.

Many thanks Iain

Nov 4, 2014 2:31 PM in response to RichmondDan

I have an iPhone 6 Plus which has somehow become bent. Apple have told me in writing that this is a technical hardware issue and the second of their four suggested options is to post on this forum. I am therefore doing what Apple suggested and assume that I can in fact post about this in here.

It is possible that there might be an issue with the overall design or a manufacturing fault in a limited number of iPhones and therefore I am doing as directed by Apple and posting on this forum.

I had problems with an iMac 27" screen in the past which users on the Apple iMac forum couldn't solve but did report as having the same fault. The thread became one of the most viewed on the Apple Forums and in the end I did get my iMac screen replaced FOC well out of warranty. Therefore highlighting an issue users are having may, or may not, highlight a wider number of occurrences.

When I first heard about people with bent iPhones my immediate reaction was that this was just an attempt to rubbish the phones near launch by a competitor, or was people not looking after their iPhones properly. However when it actually happened to me I got quite a shock and my whole attitude changed. Even more so when Apple has said they WILL NOT REPLACE ANY IPHONE 6 or 6 PLUS phones with ANY sort of bend damage. Don't be too quick to dismiss my problem. It may be your next problem, it was mine.

will apple replace my slightly bent iphone 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.