Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mail not fetching new messages from GoDaddy IMAP

In both 10.10 and now with 10.10.1, Mail does not seem to want to fetch new messages from my GoDaddy IMAP account reliably. All of the other accounts seem to get new messages when they arrive at the server. I'm sure there are messages in my Inbox, as they're showing up immediately on my iPhone. "Synchronize All Accounts" does not seem to resolve the issue and I have to quit and relaunch Mail. The messages then come in immediately. I have mail set to check for new messages every minute. I can see it checking the GoDaddy account in the activity window, but it does not retrieve the messages.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Mid 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10), 16GB RAM

Posted on Nov 18, 2014 7:46 AM

78 replies

Nov 18, 2014 8:13 PM in response to CTM

I have the exact same problem. Ever since updating to Yosemite and even updating to 10.10.1 did not fix the issue.

I also have a GoDaddy IMAP account and the Mail.app will not retrieve it's incoming mail. It will send perfectly fine though. And my iCloud account sends & receives fine as well.

I have tried all the "Check for new messages" settings and none of them work.

I have only found 3 things that work: Rebuilding the Mailbox, restarting the Mail.app or as with CTM, "Synchronize All Accounts" - needless to say that these are all unacceptable because I'm constantly missing important emails and this is my business account.

I have tried non-SSL and SSL and changed the ports accordingly as per GoDaddy's online help suggestions as well and that also did not fix it.

As with CTM, I have 2 iPhones & 2 iPads and the GoDaddy IMAP account emails are received perfectly & immediately on all those iDevices.

And as with CTM, I can also see it checking the GoDaddy IMAP account via the Activity window but it never grabs the new messages.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Or a work-around? I hope so because this is incredibly frustrating. Thanks!

iMac, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), 3.5GHz Intel Core i7, 32GB, 27"

Nov 19, 2014 7:28 AM in response to Doren_Sean_Michael

My situation is exactly the same. In fact, my inbox continues to stop syncing at the same point. I have this configured on two different MacBooks and the inbox stops on the same email. Occasionally over time, the inbox will fetch a few more emails and stop...again at the same point on both laptops. It appears to be related to memory as well as the lack of syncing correctly. My activity monitors does seem to hang up on the trash at times. I tried not copying deleted files to the server, but that didn't work either. Rebuilding doesn't work, nor does rebooting everything.

Please help.

Nov 19, 2014 9:18 AM in response to CTM

Mail stops fetching my GoDaddy accounts only. I have .mac, gmail, other imap accounts that are fine. I can see on my iPhone and or my iPad when mail comes in, but unless I quit Mail on my MBP, it can take hours to sync those GoDaddy accounts. Can't continue like this. I had the memory leak issue but that is now remedied.

Yosemite 10.10.1

MacBook Pro Retina 15" early 2013

16 GB RAM

Nov 19, 2014 9:50 AM in response to lunartide

Wow, that's crazy lunartide, I'm running Postbox parallel to my Mail.app so I'll know when I get a GoDaddy email and it retrieves the emails perfectly, which led me to believe this was on issue with the Apple Mail.app & my issues never started until I installed Yosemite also. And you and I are also on the same page, all iDevice GoDaddy email retrievals seems to fine and that also seems to be the censuses.

Nov 19, 2014 9:59 AM in response to Doren_Sean_Michael

I have been having problems with Mail on OS X as well as iOS for the last year. On iOS, started using CloudMagic to access my GoDaddy IMAP accounts which works perfectly.

On my Mac, the problem with GoDaddy IMAP emails has existed for me since Mavericks and through Yosemite. I don't remember if it was there for cat versions.

This is definitely a GoDaddy issue. I have looked into changing hosting companies but then realized I would lose all my emails that are stored on GoDaddy's servers. HOWEVER, given that other email clients on iOS (CLoudmagic) and OS X (Sparrow Lite which I downloaded today) seem to work with GoDaddy, I still say Apple Mail is at fault...what ever happened to "it just works"?

Nov 20, 2014 6:00 AM in response to CTM

Same problem here.

I switch between an iMac and a Macbook Pro throughout the day, and not sure if it's coincidence or not, but it always seems to be that the computer I'm on is the one that does NOT receive the mail....

Going to Mailbox - Take All Accounts Offline, then putting them all back online again normally does the trick... Though sometimes Mail will freeze and I have to force quit when I select Take All Accounts Offline...

This has been happening since Mavericks....

Only happens to my GoDaddy IMAP account, iCloud is fine. All mail comes in to iOS devices.

Mail not fetching new messages from GoDaddy IMAP

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.