Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

any iPad Air 2 stylus recommendations?

I found my old capacitive stylus is not working well with iPad Air 2. it works well with my iPad 2 and iPad mini 2.

any recommendations for stylus with iPad Air 2? for note-taking and sometimes drawing?

And I want to ask users using ICS2 from Wacom, Jot Touch with Pixelpoint and Jot Script from Adonit. How bad are those styluses perform on iPad Air 2? I saw Wacom and Adonit's announcement about the compatibility issues... looks pretty bad...

http://community.wacom.com/en/inspiration/blog/2014/november/bamboo-stylus-finel ine-and-intuos-creative-stylus-2-compatibility/

http://www.adonit.net/blog/archives/2014/11/19/improvements-underway-ipad-air-2/

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi + Cellular-OTHER

Posted on Dec 8, 2014 3:25 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Dec 9, 2014 9:39 AM

I have a new iPad Air 2 and just purchased the Jot Script. It is worthless - even with software that has been updated with their latest driver.

This is really frustrating. I have Samsung Note 4 phone and the stylus/hand writing recognition works great. I was hoping to get a similar experience on the iPad. It looks like Wacom/Adonit work great on older versions of iPad.

I also tried the Truglide Pro stylus - it didn't work well either.

Apple -> Is there *any* stylus that will work on a new iPad Air 2?

56 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Dec 9, 2014 9:39 AM in response to kidmoja

I have a new iPad Air 2 and just purchased the Jot Script. It is worthless - even with software that has been updated with their latest driver.

This is really frustrating. I have Samsung Note 4 phone and the stylus/hand writing recognition works great. I was hoping to get a similar experience on the iPad. It looks like Wacom/Adonit work great on older versions of iPad.

I also tried the Truglide Pro stylus - it didn't work well either.

Apple -> Is there *any* stylus that will work on a new iPad Air 2?

Dec 9, 2014 11:18 AM in response to kidmoja

Apple changed their screen and sensor technology with iPad 2 that renders it incompatible with the existing pressure-enabled pens out there (Wacom Intuos and Bamboo, Adonit Jot, Adobe Ink, etc.) that work beautifully with the Air 1 and earlier iPads. Natch, Apple didn't tell anyone this change was coming, so a lot of us learned the hard way. I bought an Air 2 only so I could work with the new Adobe pen-enabled apps, so from my perspective the whole episode is doubly unfortunate.

I spent some time with Wacom and Adobe engineering level tech support, who confirmed that the alterations to the touch technology in Air 2 probably make it permanently incompatible with the existing stylus architectures. It's ironic that the one thing that makes iPad truly useful to a pro user -- pen-enabled apps and a working, pressure-sensitive pen to go with them -- is the one thing that's now been thoroughly sabotaged.

So, no, there is NO tech-enabled stylus that works with the Air 2. Stick with Air 1 or earlier if you want to actually get work done. (It's worth pointing out that Air 2/iOS 8.1 is also quite unstable. I've had to reset mine more than once in just a few days of not-very-intensive use because of wi-fi or touch problems. Its touch sensitivity degrades suddenly, severely, and randomly -- minimally requiring a reset. There are a number of reports in the forums of people getting multiple replacements via the genius bar, but since genius bar folks tend to just swap devices, no questions asked, it's hard to say if the underlying problem is software or hardware).

Jan 23, 2015 9:01 AM in response to kidmoja

iPad Air2 using Noteshelf with Adonit JOT SCRIPT. The stylus has been downright unusable. I purchased the Jot Script to use with Noteshelf because that is what the Adonit website listed (Noteshelf as an enabled App for Jot Script). All of my excitement was met with shear frustration. A total let-down by Adonit. Least they could have done was mention on their website that Jot Script DOES NOT WORK on iPad Air2. Jot Script cost me over $80 with shipping, bought directly from Adonit website. A total waste to money. I sent an email to Adonit, trying to resolve it now. Have asked for a return address so I can send that piece of junk back to them. Hopefully they will give me my money back. Will post again as soon as the issue is resolved with Adonit. If not, I am going to start putting YouTube videos out there so other people do not fall into this trap. (Adonit Jot Script) + (Apple iPad Air2) = Frustration.

Jan 26, 2015 10:29 PM in response to kidmoja

I just received an Adonit Jot Touch 4, ordered from Amazon. It works in several drawing apps on my ipad Air 2...haven't tried it in note-taking apps as I don't use those (only Evernote). It works great in Sketches, Procreate, Pencil, Artrage & all the Adobe apps (I have the purchased version of all these apps). The only con is palm-recognition didn't work at all in any of the apps. I can overcome that somewhat by reducing the size of the canvas, but when any part of your hand touches the screen, the ipad will reads the hand, not the stylus. Frustrating, but still workable. Just wanted everyone to know this stylus does work, & it connected easily with all of the apps, & responded flawlessly to all the tools in each app.

Feb 8, 2015 1:13 PM in response to kidmoja

Quick update on iPad Air2 and Adonit Script. I was able to return Adonit Script back to Adonit (Bought directly from their website), they gave me a full refund so I was out of shipping costs.

Adonit has everyone thinking that there is an issue with iPad Air2 and all Stylus types.....that is not the case. I have been using Paper53 Pencil without any problem. I wanted the Adonit Script because it has a fine tip and it did not work. All in all a bad experience with Adonit. Buyers be ware.

Feb 25, 2015 8:52 AM in response to fourBYfour

SO they gave you excelent custumer service by giving you a full refund and explaining that it is a pervasive problem on the Ipad air 2 across the spectrum of thin tipped Pens; and just because your big fat finger pen still works in the same way as your finger does, you think they lied to you?...

I'm not convinced that this company is as bad as you seem to think it Is.

Feb 25, 2015 1:00 PM in response to Tuxis1

Yes, APPLE is still a great company.

ADONIT however, jury is still out. They never reimbursed me for shipping costs for that piece of junk stylus (ADONIT SCRIPT) back to them.

Having said that, I will gladly buy a stylus from any manufacturer which has a fine tip and it works with iPad Air2.

Something similar to the fine point of this Samsung Galaxy S-pen.
User uploaded file

any iPad Air 2 stylus recommendations?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.