Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod 7 not visible in iTunes 12.0.1.26 (Yosemite)

Hi there,

Is this a known bug, When I connect my iPod 7th gen, I can see icon comes-up for 1 sec in itunes and then gone. iPod is visible in finder but not in iTunes. Is there any work around

iPod 7th Gen

iTunes 12.01.26

OS X 10.10.2 Yosemite

Regards

Rajiv

iPod nano, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), Yousemite 10.10.2

Posted on Dec 24, 2014 5:01 PM

21 replies

Dec 25, 2014 6:16 AM in response to rajivverma

I have the same issue with mine. The only difference is my iPod never shows up in devices. I have tried resetting and restarting everything, changing USB cables (all Apple brand) and changing USB slots. iTunes opens when I connect the iPod, and shows in Finder. I last synced my iPod on November 23, 2014.

iMac 27 in. Late 2012

iTunes 12.0.1.26

OS X 10.10.2

iPod Software 1.0.3 Mac

Dec 25, 2014 5:31 PM in response to rajivverma

I found a fix that worked!

I manually uninstalled iTunes, Bonjour, and all Apple programs, and my iTunes library for good measure (I had a backup).

Restarted computer, downloaded iTunes, plugged i device, and it finally recognized it!

Then I restored the backup library.

Apparently the iTunes installer won't properly remove all the files before reinstalling. I hope this works for someone else.

iPod 7 not visible in iTunes 12.0.1.26 (Yosemite)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.