Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

remote app is "flicking"

HI my Remote app to appletv is sort of "flicking" om ny iPhone. And i have to restart it arter a short time. I Have tride to reinstall it.

Posted on Dec 26, 2014 12:34 PM

40 replies

Dec 28, 2014 9:22 AM in response to Tom Christiansen

Hey Tom,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities.

It sounds like there’s an issue with the Remote app not responding as expected. The article linked below provides troubleshooting tips, which you may not have already tried, that’ll resolve most issues with iOS apps.

iOS: An app you installed unexpectedly quits, stops responding, or won’t open - Apple Support

Cheers,

-Jason

Jan 2, 2015 1:52 AM in response to vazandrew

Hi, I have the same problem like described. I think it is a software problem with the remote app. This app works a long time without any problems for me. The described problem started with the upgrade from version 4.2.0 to version 4.2.1. I did this update on my iPhone 5 as well as under my iPad 2 under IOS 7. My wife left her version of Remote app on Version 4.2.0 on her iPhone 5 and her iPad 3 and had no problem. Since this time I did a couple of IOS Updates as well on my iPhone 5 and my iPad 2 as on my AppleTV 3 (First Hardware Revision). Nothing helps!!!! The connection between iPhone/iPad and Apple TV is not able to reconnect after the connection timed out.

Today I have on all IOS devices the latest IOS Software running. The problem is still ongoing. From my point of view this is a Software problem with the app arrived with the last update of remote app only Apple can fix.

PS: My Apple TV is connected wired and uses no WLAN.

remote app is "flicking"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.