Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPod nano 7th gen not recognised by iTunes. Mac (Yosemite)

Problem:

I am connecting my iPod using the original cable and iTunes does not recognise it as a device.

Yes, I tried the The Five Rs: Reset, Retry, Restart, Reinstall, Restore.

Yes, I tried closing iTunes -> connecting iPod -> waiting for iTunes to open -> still no device recognised.

Yes, I tried a different device using same cable (it works).

Yes, I tried different USB-ports.

Yes, my Mac Air does "see" the iPod as an external device (Finder -> Devices)

Yes, I did read other Q&A before creating this topic.

Product: iPod nano 7 (Version 1.0.3. Mac)

iTunes: 12.0.1.26

Looking forward to your help

Thanks,
Ted

iPod nano, OS X Yosemite (10.10.1), 7th gen

Posted on Dec 27, 2014 10:52 AM

28 replies

Dec 28, 2014 7:09 AM in response to tedts

I'm having the exact same problem, BUT while my iMac 27" Retina with Yosemite does not recognise my iPod Nano 7th Generation, my MacBook Pro Retina with the same software DOES recognise it. This is frustrating as I don't use my MacBook with my iTunes library normally. Anyone have any suggestions?

Dec 30, 2014 10:39 AM in response to tedts

I'm having exact same problem. I've connected my iPhone and iPad to make sure there was nothing wrong with my USB cable or iTunes app and it recognizes both of them. It's just not recognizing my iPod nano. Tried all the steps you mentioned too. What's odd is when i close iTunes on my iMac, then i connect my iPod nano, iTunes will launch automatically like it's supposed to, I can also see it Finder. It just doesn't show up in iTunes so i can sync music. So frustrating!

Dec 30, 2014 11:52 AM in response to tedts

I HAVETHE USUALPROBLEM.

NEVER SEENSUCHA THING.

APPLEMOVETO RESOLVE THE PROBLEM.

IS URGENTAND INEEDFOR THENEW YEAR!!!!

⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠⚠😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮😮

Dec 30, 2014 1:42 PM in response to pena61

ok duh! i had no idea my iMac would continue to receive beta versions. 14C81h is the latest public beta, if you are on this version too, that may be why we are seeing this issue. hopefully, they'll have a fix soon. i've removed my Mac to receive pre-release versions and removed my apple id from beta testing. no more betas for me.

iPod nano 7th gen not recognised by iTunes. Mac (Yosemite)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.