Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 8.1.3 Battery Percentage jumps issue

Hi,

May i know who iPhone 5s already updated iOS 8.1.3 version and still got facing battery percentage jumps issue with previously version iOS 8.1-8.1.2 or not ?

Thanks.

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.1.1, iOS 8.1.2

Posted on Jan 28, 2015 4:53 AM

65 replies

Jul 6, 2017 7:21 AM in response to Kinzha❤️

To repeat what I posted 2 years ago:

Either you need to recalibrate your battery gauge, or your battery is failing.

To recalibrate your battery gauge:

• Run the battery all the way down until the device shuts off. If it shuts off above 1% charge it for a couple of minutes, then disconnect and continue running it down. Repeat until it gets to 1% before shutting off.
  • Once it has shut off and will not turn on connect it to the wall adapter and charge until it reaches 100% without using it.

If recalibrating does not fix the problem you almost certainly have a failing battery. You can make a genius bar appointment to have the battery checked, call Apple and they can test it remotely, or you can download the app Battery Life (Battery Life: check device's runtimes on the App Store) and use it to test the battery. Apple's test is more thorough, but Battery Life is pretty good.

Jan 29, 2015 8:34 AM in response to shengheng88

I have an iPhone 5c. I updated my phone to the ios 8.1.2 and as soon as I did my battery life started dropping like crazy. So, thinking it was just my battery I purchased another for $80. Had the battery installed yesterday afternoon and noticed the percentage of the battery was jumping. It went from 13% to 87% and stayed on 81% until this morning when it dropped to 4%. I updated my phone to the ios 8.1.3 this morning only to see that within 20 minutes, my phone has turned itself off and on a minimum of 5 times. Apple needs to get these issues resolved ASAP. Because of their update I basically threw $80 out the window.

Jan 31, 2015 6:41 PM in response to haleymills12

My battery is doing the same but even worse I charge and it gets to 100% and by morning its dead and I don't use it at night. Sometimes I shut it off and then when I wake up its dead even if was fully charged and was shut off. And when I want to use it I charge it fully and I go to a app and I barley even use it for less that a minute before it losses battery.

Feb 1, 2015 2:04 AM in response to shengheng88

Same here, i have a similar issue..

My iPhone 32Gb 5s (ios 8.1.3) facing this issue too, the battery precentage jumps when using at 61%-59%, 55%-53%, 31%-29%.

I also facing this issue too when it was 8.1.2..

When the precentage shows 59% on the iPhone, i charges it to the iTunes on my MBP, then precentage on the itunes for a while shows yea, it is true 59%.,

I'm waiting for about 3min, the battery precentage on iPhone shows it STILL at 59%, BUT the precentage showed on iTunes is 60% !! And the next 3 minute, the battery precentage on iTunes shows the battery up into 61%, AND when i look the battery precentage on the iPhone, it was JUMPS from 59% directly to 61% !! (that's not showing 60% on iphone)

I assuming it just an iOS wrong battery precentage. (the battery actually isn't broke)

Because when the iPhone unplugged and the battery precentage on the iPhone shows 61% for a while, ACTUALLY at the moment, the battery precentage is JUST PASS THROUGH 60% first, before it turn to 59%. And yea, there's the main trouble, the 60% battery precentage isn't show on the iPhone.

I already do a hard restart the iPhone, calibrate the battery, and even restore the iPhone but it doesn't work.

i Hope in the next 8.2, this issues can be solved.

iOS 8.1.3 Battery Percentage jumps issue

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.