Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Safari no longer works after iOS 8.2 update.

I installed the iOS 8.2 update and Safari will not work at all. If I tap a bookmark, it just freezes. If I manually enter a search term or a url it doesn't respond at all. I read about some other (not the same) issues with Safari and the common advice was to restore from an iCloud backup, which I have done, to no avail. Anyone else having the same issue? Anyone else able to RESOLVE the same issue, and if so, HOW??

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.2

Posted on Mar 11, 2015 10:16 AM

34 replies

Mar 12, 2015 12:35 PM in response to teddymac23

Same issue here. iPhone 5c. In order to use Safari I had to downgrade to 8.1.3. Same symptoms. It was odd though in that every now and then it would work. No resetting or clearing of the history or restarting seemed to help, it would just randomly work. Most of the time it was a brick. I hope this affects enough people so that Apple will pay attention to it.

Mar 12, 2015 12:41 PM in response to trainradio

Do this and it should be back up and running.

1. Backup your iphone to itunes.

2. Then unplug the iphone from the computer and turn off your iphone

3. Hold the home button (while the iphone is off) and plug the iphone back to the computer

4. Restore the iphone using itunes via recovery mode (this will install a fresh set of firmware on your iphone)

5. Put your files back on your iphone and that will work

Mar 12, 2015 7:32 PM in response to trainradio

Safari still works on my 4S which I have kept for work purposes -- could it be the 64-bit executable??

App developer Steve T-S experienced this same issue. He hazarded an upgrade to 8.3 beta, which did not work initially -- but Safari started working again after the downgrade to 8.2! The plot thickens 😕

Alas for me the restoration process was too long and painful -- once was enough...

@stroughtonsmith

Safari no longer works after iOS 8.2 update.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.