Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Branched Discussion at top of my other discussion leads to Unauthorized Access what is this

Hi everyone!

Whew! Long title.

I am currently in a discussion called:::::How do I do the rewards here properly for answering/helping replies to questions? https://discussions.apple.com/thread/6870828

And I made a suggestion that my question within a question should have been a new discussion.

I think some Moderator tried to do that?

I just noticed at top of the page (see image below) there is a phrase "Branched to a new discussion".

User uploaded file

But when I clicked on that link (blue underlined word "discussion") I got this in image below:

User uploaded file

So what is going on?

Thanks!

Mac_Help

P.S. Trying to post this... I can't choose Apple Support Community as the topic (which it is!) its greyed out! Why?

PowerBook, Mac OS X (10.4.11), Apple Chip not Intel chip

Posted on Mar 15, 2015 12:28 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 15, 2015 12:44 PM

That "Branched to a new discussion" happens whenever the Mods edit something in the thread, I've never clicked on that link to be truthful, but the original thread in possibly edited form is still there it seems.

7 replies

Mar 15, 2015 1:55 PM in response to BDAqua

Thanks BDAqua!

I'll mark it as solved (and also for helping me elsewhere too)..

Do you want to answer the P.S. too? Why some categories like Apple Support Communities, Apple Pay (isn't that brand new??) Apple TV (what happened to that device?) Apps store etc etc are greyed out??? (I know some greyed out have sub categories---but these are some I'd be asking about in future posts and they are greyed out as you can't respond in those categories)

Thanks again!

Mac_Help

Mar 16, 2015 9:49 AM in response to BDAqua

Hi BDAqua!

I should have posted images to explain it better --- "a picture is worth a 1000 words!"

See red arrows pointing to the grayed out community categories I cannot choose for a posting---even if topic is that exact one! (2 good examples of this: ) Apple Pay is brand new! Don't they think someone will have questions? Accessibility I know about as its for disabled people....are there no more disabled usage questions to be asked even in Yosemite?

User uploaded file

See how some grayed out community categories DO lead to sub categories (green arrows).

Those are Ok to post in.

User uploaded file

Thanks for the link--spent a while reading up on other things happening with Apple/help/support that I was unaware of until now.

Thanks for reading and looking at the images!

Mac_Help

Mar 16, 2015 10:48 AM in response to Mac_Help

I never entered there before & boy, was it a job trying to get the URL off those images!...

https://discussions.apple.com/discussion/create.jspa

But it appears that grayed out ones are not really a section by itself, but contain other things, Apple TV is listed as Using Apple TV, Accessibility actually has 3 categories in it, so Apple hasn't fixed that page you go to!???

Try here for your starting position instead...

https://discussions.apple.com/welcome

Accessibility

Apple TV

Branched Discussion at top of my other discussion leads to Unauthorized Access what is this

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.