Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I change the Apple ID from my husband's email address to mine?

I have an IPad that my husband gave me & it has his original email address for the Apple ID, I created my own Apple ID but for some reason I am still receiving his phone messages on this IPAD. How do I go about changing this, so I can see my text messages from my IPhone?

Also, the Cloud is also linked to his email address, how can I get this changed?

Thanks for your help & support!

Lori

iPad, iOS 8.2, null

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 3:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 30, 2015 5:14 PM

If you want to share content (music, books, apps) bought from Apple, use the same purchasing Apple ID in

Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID: > here

iPhone message:

Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > Apple ID: > Sign out and sign in with your Apple ID.

iCloud:

Settings > iCloud > scroll down to the bottom and tap the red Sign Out then sign in yours.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 30, 2015 5:14 PM in response to laaul1

If you want to share content (music, books, apps) bought from Apple, use the same purchasing Apple ID in

Settings > iTunes & App Store > Apple ID: > here

iPhone message:

Settings > Messages > Send & Receive > Apple ID: > Sign out and sign in with your Apple ID.

iCloud:

Settings > iCloud > scroll down to the bottom and tap the red Sign Out then sign in yours.

Mar 30, 2015 5:14 PM in response to ckuan

Thanks so much, your directions were excellent & all is good. I have an issue with my iPhone 5C that I also asked a question about in the iPhone Community,

can you help me with it as well?

I accidentally deleted my cell number for the link for my text messages & added my email address. When I went back to correct the problem, my cell number is no longer available & all I see our my email addresses. How can I correct this probelm?

You have been so helpful & I am very grateful!

How do I change the Apple ID from my husband's email address to mine?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.