Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

A follow up question to Introducing Apple Recommends, Manage Subscriptions, and This Helped Me

In Introducing Apple Recommends, Manage Subscriptions, and This Helped Me it was written

Now anyone can click "This helped me" to say thanks to helpful members. When several people mark the same post, it will earn a gold star and appear at the top of the discussion, so it’s easier for others to find. The poster will also earn five reputation points for a job well done.

Does anyone know (or is it written anywhere) just how many is 'serveral'? Is it decided on the fly? Or does it depend on the phase of the moon?

Will the points be awarded to the poster only once, or if say 100 people mark it as helpful will more then 5 points be awarded?

Sounds like a really good system but it seems that a bit more thought should have gone into it, no? Or at least the explanation could be clearer.

Ciao.

(Another question) Can the original post (this one) get marked as helpful also? Imagine earning points for posting :-)

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 7:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 31, 2015 8:01 AM

A test to see f the helpful shows up on your own post.

Seems it does. Will this count toward the 'several' needed to get the points?

78 replies

Mar 31, 2015 8:09 AM in response to GeoCo

No, you still get the points if the OP marks your answer helpful. Additionally, you can get another 5 points if enough other users click the helpful - but we don't know how many that is right now. And you can still get 10 points if the OP marks yours as solved (can't give yourself the points though).

And yes, I did get the 5 - thanks.

Mar 31, 2015 8:10 AM in response to GeoCo

Hmm seems there is no limit to the posts that can be marked as helpful or to the number of posts anyone poster can mark.

If someone wanted to really mess up ASC they cold go through and jut start marking posts as helpful and really clog up the system. Hope there is someway this can be controlled.

Mar 31, 2015 9:39 AM in response to GeoCo

I was only able to mark my own and yours - not this one (a total of two). I also heard that there are glitches at the moment while all of it is being put into place, so I think this will settle down to the previous 1 solved and 2 helpfuls (by the OP) - don't know about the other posters, but you still can't give yourself points so I don't know if that will count along with other users' helpfuls.

Mar 31, 2015 10:47 AM in response to GeoCo

Howdy GeoCo et al

I sort of agree with this new "Helpie-ette" deal. I wonder why while at this portion of the UX they didn't address the ongoing issue of the "irrevocable nature " of the OP awards of the traditional Green Stamp and Gold Star - I have made the mistake (once) but I see the silliest things marked Solved frequently. THAT is bad for business in that it gives false visual info and false statistical results.

We'll see... BTW, the [People] TAB itself is the only new thing (the CONTROL in the TAB bar) - the URL has always been alive and well if one knew to add " /people "

Apr 1, 2015 3:45 AM in response to GeoCo

Hi GeoCo,

I see the purpose of Apple Support Communites to be users helping other users. I get a warm glow from a reply such as “Thank you, that solution worked ” and that is worth much more than points. Lets’s wait until this new-look forum settles down. Then we will know how the new points system will work.

Regards,

Ian.

A follow up question to Introducing Apple Recommends, Manage Subscriptions, and This Helped Me

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.