Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Air after iOS 8.3 crashes ??

Hello,

My iPad Air has been upgrade to latest OS iOS 8.3, post that most of the application often crashes.

Today morning onwards it did not boot up, tried with backup and restore to factory settings both are failing any solution please.

Thank you.

iPad Air, iOS 8.2

Posted on Apr 3, 2015 12:29 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 5, 2015 3:12 PM

Hi PrabuBLR,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It seems like your iPad Air has not been working since updating to iOS 8.3. I know it can be frustrating to have unexpected issues after an update.

Since you were not able to restore your iPad, the next step to try is putting the device in recovery mode and starting the restore again:

To put your device into recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Turn off your device and leave it off.
  2. Plug in your device's USB cable to a computer with iTunes.
  3. Hold down the Home button on your device as you connect the USB cable. Keep holding down the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  4. When you see this screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 again.

You can find these steps and more information about recovery mode in this article:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best Regards,

Jeremy

32 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 5, 2015 3:12 PM in response to PrabuBLR

Hi PrabuBLR,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

It seems like your iPad Air has not been working since updating to iOS 8.3. I know it can be frustrating to have unexpected issues after an update.

Since you were not able to restore your iPad, the next step to try is putting the device in recovery mode and starting the restore again:

To put your device into recovery mode, follow these steps:

1. Turn off your device and leave it off.
  2. Plug in your device's USB cable to a computer with iTunes.
  3. Hold down the Home button on your device as you connect the USB cable. Keep holding down the Home button until you see the Connect to iTunes screen.
  4. When you see this screen, release the Home button. If you don't see this screen, try steps 1 through 3 again.

You can find these steps and more information about recovery mode in this article:

If you can't update or restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Apr 6, 2015 12:25 AM in response to jeremy_v

Thanks for your reply.

I tried to restore using recovery mode it give error 4013, also tried the same with iMac with my friend again error.

Let me give little more details:

1. After iOS 8.2 upgrade, 2-3 days often 3-4 times a day it used to restart again and again then will get Home screen.

2. Also at times it happened, it boots again and again left the device as it is then it comes to Home screen.

3. Lastly it did the same behavior but it did not boot up, but keep booting again and again apple logo is shown then restart

4. Tried to get into recovery mode, windows PC error 4013, now in the recovery mode.

My Battery was in good condition, when it happened it was ~80% now may be very less did not charge until now.

I read somewhere in the forum keep re-starting manually again and again, someone said since it did not shutdown properly there is a problem, please help.

The device is 1.2 yrs old ONLY.

Best regards

Prabu

Apr 6, 2015 5:42 AM in response to PrabuBLR

Hi Prabu,

Thank you for replying to provide more details.

It sounds like your iPad Air began restarting unexpectedly after updating to iOS 8.2, and now it only starts up to recovery mode. You also mentioned that you've received an error 4013 message when trying to restore from multiple computers.

You may want to try these additional tips from iOS: Restore errors 4005, 4013, and 4014 and attempt to restore your iPad again:

Try these steps to resolve the issue:

1. Install the latest version of iTunes.
  2. Restart your computer.
  3. Make sure your computer is up to date. If an update requires a restart, check for updates again after you restart.
  4. Restore using another USB cable.

If you still see error 4013 or your devices continues to restart, it's recommended that you contact Apple Support for more help with your iPad Air:

If you continue to see error 4005, 4013, or 4014 when you restore your device, contact Apple for support.

Best Regards,

Jeremy

Apr 6, 2015 6:28 AM in response to jeremy_v

Thank your for your quick response.

I have tried the various options provided in the Apple support sites (as provided in your last response), as mine is out of warranty I don't believe they will fix it ask me to replace it will extra bucks to be honest I am reluctant to visit them.

If there a way connect to get diagnostics data can be retrieved from iPad it might give more details possible?

Regards

Prabu

Apr 12, 2015 5:06 AM in response to efiole

this worked for me:

http://www.imobie.com/support/common-ios-8-upgrade-problems-and-solutions.htm#qu estion4

Solutions:

Step 1. Turn your device off by holding down the Sleep button.

Step 2. Connect your iPhone to your computer and start iTunes.

Step 3. Hold down both the Sleep and Home button for about 10 seconds.

Step 4. Release the Sleep button and keep holding the Home button until a message appears in iTunes.

Step 5. Select your device, and click Restore option under Summary.

Apr 12, 2015 7:32 AM in response to efiole

Thank you for you reply.

I tried to restore using RECOVERY mode and DFU mode both it gives and error 4013.

Also tried adding hosts file with entry gs.apple.com got Error 2005.

Subsequently given the device to Apple service - I was told they are getting error 4016, it is related to Hardware error not sure correct or not.

Please help. thank you in advance.

Apr 13, 2015 4:07 PM in response to PrabuBLR

Here's what I did to get my iPad 3 running (until Apple comes up with a fix)

My iPad was cycle crashing after trying to use iTunes to download an app. This is a little tricky but you can do it to get your home screen back.

Let the crash reload and watch the status bar (the white line that tells you it's reloading)

Push the Home button again and again as the status bar gets closer to recycling - and your home screen will flash on

Quickly 4 finger swipe your screen up and start deleting your open apps.

Once all of them have been closed your home screen will stay on.

Essentially, this means that one of the apps is crashing the iPad, but it's hard to tell which one. Mine started after getting into iTunes.

Hope this works until a fix comes along. In the meantime keep an eye on what apps are open.

Apr 13, 2015 6:38 PM in response to PrabuBLR

The same happened to me after 2 days from iOS 8.3 upgrade and the following actually resolved the issue :

Step 1. Turn your device off by holding down the Sleep (power) button. (if was hanged ON, otherwise skip this step)

Step 2. Connect your iPad to your computer and start iTunes.

Step 3. Hold down both the Sleep (power) and Home button for about 10 seconds.

Step 4. Once appeared in iPad screen the iTunes logo and the connector cable, your PC will start identifying your device and the restore option will popup (of course after checking for the latest driver and maybe latest iTunes software update).

Step 5. Now just choose the option of NO (for restoring) and then remove the iPad from the cable.

Step 6. Press the (Sleep) power button OFF and hold until closed.

Step 7. Repress the (Sleep) power ON and it will boot normally isA

iPad Air after iOS 8.3 crashes ??

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.