Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unable to login and watch HBO NOW!

I subscribed to HBO Now on Apple TV and i received confirmation Email from iTunes Store. but I am Unable to login and watch HBO NOW! when I select Free trial, it will ask me select my Email then terms and conditions then it will ask me if I want to subscribe, if I select YES it will say you have already subscription with HBO NOW. when I select I am already subscribed, it will ask from my Apple ID and password, but it will say your password not on our record or wrong! I restart Apple tv from setting and from power and still same, even I log out and log in from Apple Tv and still same. I try to login from HBO NOW website, but still same message your password not on our record or wrong! I try to restore the purchase form HBO NOW menu, but it keep saying accessing HBO NOW for long time and nothing happen just " accessing HBO NOW" on the screen!!

Posted on Apr 7, 2015 11:55 PM

41 replies

Jul 16, 2017 6:32 AM in response to iPadStar

As someone else reported, the iTunes > Account Information > Settings > Manage does not work. HBO does not show up - even though HBO Now keeps asking to renew from within the Apple TV, and asking for a password. I went through this cycle endlessly of "Renew" and entering iTunes password and having the Apple TV give the erroneous error "iTunes Store Unavailable" while the MacBook misleadingly asks you to allow an Apple ID login and a code number. It would be nice if Apple would clean up this confusion.

Here is how I finally got it to work

1. From iPhone, download HBO NOW, start it, and put in HBO password (not Apple ID or iTunes Password)

2. Go to Apple TV, and hit "HBO NOW" and click on something until RENEW window comes up, but instead of "renew" go to "sign out", and sign out. Then sign in fresh again, and the renewal will finally stick.

Jul 16, 2017 9:31 AM in response to Gregory Moore

Gregory, this was very helpful. I should clarify that for me, what worked in step 2 when faced with three choices, "Renew Subscription", "Restore", or "Renew Later", I clicked on "Renew Later" and then went into the HBO Now menu's right-most "Settings" to SIGN OUT of HBO Now (not the Apple TV iTunes Settings "Sign Out" which did not help). This whole time I spent a long time signing in and out of Apple iTunes and didn't realize that what Gregory meant above was to sign out of HBO Now instead (I didn't realize there was a sub-menu there with special HBO-only "Settings" that were separate from the iTunes Settings).

Jan 9, 2018 7:47 PM in response to iPadStar

This solution did not work. I have the same problem, but turning the subscription off and then on again, did nothing to fix it. It isn't renew that you turn on and off as those aren't options on my screen only to turn it on and off. So I followed the instructions using the on and off, and I still can't log into HOBnow, I had no problem before, now I am stuck in this nightmare loop and missing all the HOB shows I watch. Please help !!

Jan 9, 2018 7:53 PM in response to Gregory Moore

What if you only have an Apple ID password, I have no idea what my HBO now password is or would be, as I registered through apple id. In any case, I would have forgotten it and don't have an option on their website to create a new one as it says I already have an account, and no forgot password option is available. Any suggestions? I don't have an Iphone, but I have a desktop and a laptop where I can log into the account.

Mar 26, 2018 6:02 PM in response to Ol' Mac

Hello.

I am having trouble with an Apple TV device only sign in. When I tick the restore purchase: button: iTunes on my Apple TV I get the code, enter it on the HBO now activate. I add email and password and I just says you already have an account.

I have had account since the NOW start day and it is active under my subscriptions. I do not see and "auto renew off" My only option is a cancel subscription button. I have tried to trouble shoot thru HBO and nothing helped.

Any additional advice would be greatly appreciated.

Apr 8, 2015 3:30 PM in response to iPadStar

Thank you to Apple support for their solution.

1-Log in to your iTunes account through iTunes on your MAC or PC.

2-Select Store from top and then view account, put your iTunes password again.

3-Move down until you see Settings under that you will see subscriptions select manage.

4-You will see HBO NOW with Auto renew on, select edit then select Auto renew off then done.

5-Download HBO NOW App for your iPhone or iPad and register with your same Email what you are using for Apple itunes, BUT different Password.

6-Go to your Apple TV and select HBO NOW and select second option, which is you have an account and subscription.

7-It will ask for your Email and password, put the Email and password you created in step 5.

8-Do the step 1,2,3 and 4 but change HBO NOW with Auto renew to ON then done.

Then Enjoy HBO NOW on Apple TV!

Apr 11, 2015 9:37 AM in response to desertrose0601

I've tried the suggested fix without positive results. I logged onto HBONow using my Apple TV and have watched programming on it without issue. I want to be able to watch on my iMac.

When I go to my iPhone and then the HBONow app and enter my email for my iTunes account and a password different from the iTunes password I get an error that one or the other is incorrect. I thought well maybe a password was setup for it since I was suppose to receive an email from HBO. I've even tried the "forgot password" link in an attempt to reset. Been waiting over an hour and no email. I cleared out my junk email folder before attempting to reset so I'd know the email arrived there.

I even contacted HBO last night to find out what to do. I got an email this morning from their support that was blank except for the reference to my question.

Any suggestions? Thanking you in advance for your time and assistance.

-Gary

Apr 11, 2015 9:42 AM in response to Ol' Mac

This worked for me, I did have to sign out of the HBO now app on the Apple TV and then back into the app.

OLmmac, maybe this will help, your iTunes id and password are different from your HBO Id and password, the instructions above mention to change your HBO password. When I did this I received a reset password immediately. It sounds like you may be changing your iTunes password

Apr 11, 2015 9:53 AM in response to Ol' Mac

Gary, did you make sure to turn off the auto subscription in iTunes before doing this? You may also need to sign out of Apple TV. My Apple TV login actually stopped letting me have access after a day of the HBO trial (probably because I hadn't confirmed my email yet) so technically I was disconnected from that when I tried this solution as well -- that could've made the difference.

When I downloaded the app to my iPhone, it did prompt me to register and I entered a completely different email and password than my iTunes account. (I did use an email that is registered with my iTunes account, so it knows that it's me, but it's just not the same one that I use to sign into iTunes). That immediately caused all the other devices to work properly - I believe it used that as a confirmation that it was me logging in - for some reason just signing up with the Apple TV alone wasn't enough to confirm my subscriptions (I never received any registration confirmations when I tried to sign up on A TV, even though it did let me watch the free trial for about a day). Once I registered also through my iPhone, it sent the confirmation email and now my A TV, computer, and iPhone are all allowed to watch.

Hope this gives some insight that will help you with your problem. I know how frustrating this can be when it should be so simple but isn't!

Apr 11, 2015 10:10 AM in response to Ol' Mac

Hi Gary,

what you mean " I want to be able to watch on my iMac"?

HBO NOW available only on Apple TV, iPhone and iPad.

if you register through iPhone App you should get immediate Email from HBO with subject "Profile Information Updated" and after you log in through Apple TV you will get Email from HBO with subject "Welcome to HBO NOW"

Apr 11, 2015 10:17 AM in response to desertrose0601

Thank you to marriage and desertrose0601! I got it working! here's what I had to do .....

I originally signed up using Apple TV, but never got a registration screen for email and password, only one to associate my iTunes email address with it. I got a confirmation email from iTunes. Been watching on Apple TV since the day of the launch. I followed the above fix including removing the automatic renewal. Nothing worked, been trying to get this to work since the launch of HBONow.

I signed out of Apple TV, downloaded the app on my iPhone and clicked on start free trial. The app took me to a registration screen where I could enter email and password. When back into Apple TV and logged in using email and password, when on my iMac and logged in as well. Went into iTunes account and managed subscription to allow renewal. Everything seems to be working perfectly now.

Unable to login and watch HBO NOW!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.