Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Music apps crashing after the ios 8.3 update

I have many music apps on my phone like soundcloud and spinrilla. After the update I can't play any songs because the app crashes right after. How do I fix this?

iPhone 5c, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 9, 2015 6:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 10, 2015 7:38 AM

I have the same issue with soundcloud and the app DR Radio

I have tried restart the phone and re-install the apps - it helped it the case of soundcloud but not the other app.

iPhone 6+, iOS 83

38 replies

Apr 15, 2015 8:43 PM in response to srb525

I'm also having this problem with the native Apple Music app. Oddly when I turn the phone side ways to get the tiles of album covers the app does not crash and I can play songs. But when I turn the phone vertical again with the app open and the same song still playing it crashes immediately. Also odd is that while the app appears to have crashed, a double click of the home button reveals the app is still alive in the background.

Soundcloud was also crashing recently, but that seems to have stopped. Music stil crashes immediately and consistently.

Apple, we need your help with this one please!

Apr 17, 2015 7:26 PM in response to srb525

iPhone 6, apple music app keeps crashing right after ios 8.3 update.... EXTREMELY frustrated here... 97% of my phone useage is listening to the music on this app and it crashes instantly on startup. I've tried restarting the phone. Doesn't help. Has anyone tried restoring from backup? did it help?

APPLE GET ON IT... this is extremely frustrating. I will not wait 2 months for you guys to release a fix on this, this needs to happen within the week. I'll return my phone if I can't have the music app... that's the number one reason I bought it.

Apr 28, 2015 6:01 PM in response to Brightsighed

I'm still in bad shape. I backed up to icloud, restored the phone to factory, then reinstalled everything. Now the music app does not crash, but my music WON'T LOAD onto the phone from iTunes. So I've gone from a Music app with songs that crashes, to a stable Music app with no songs!! Totally irriated.

And to top it off...now Soundcloud is crashing consistently (it wasn't before).

Apple, please... please, this should be the most stable thing you have going but its not.

Apr 30, 2015 5:14 AM in response to makehill

this seems to have worked for me as well. As soon as I would open the music (iTunes?) app, it would crash. If I hit 'songs' immediately, instead of 'playlists', it wouldn't crash. I did have smart playlists on my phone, but have since disconnected them (for the time being) until apple fixes this. At least I can still use the app now. I like listening to music in my car through my bluetooth SYNC system 🙂

Apr 30, 2015 11:47 AM in response to ronaldfromjohnsburg

Same problem here. Strange is that it is just one smart playlist on my Music app which brings the app to crash. All the others (smart as well as manual playlists) work fine, once I deleted the "trouble caused" playlist... Btw the "trouble caused" smart playlist is the only one where I limited the size to 15 tracks... Has anybody other experiences?

Music apps crashing after the ios 8.3 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.