Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Ios 8.3 did not solve wifi dropping problems on my ipad2. Am I the only person with this problem?

Ios 8.3 did not solve wifi dropping problems on my ipad2. Am I the only person with this problem?

iPad 2, iOS 8.3, Problems with wifi. Its dropping.

Posted on Apr 17, 2015 3:14 PM

28 replies

Apr 22, 2015 8:23 AM in response to Vermp00

I had no trouble with wifi connections until I installed 8.3 Now I keep losing the wifi connection on my ipad2, so does my husband on his. I have tried the reset network connections, it really didn't help, the wifi connection is intermittent. Works for a while then drops out, nothing I can do to get it back but wait and wait and wait, then like magic, it comes back, but who knows for how long. Please, Apple, fix this!!!

Apr 22, 2015 9:56 AM in response to janesca54

This is exactly the issue I had. Factory reset and icloud restore was the fix recommended by Apple support and did the trick for me. Their explanation was that something corrupted during the update from 8.2 to 8.3, so a restore was necessary. Also, they said I shouldn't trust the backup on my computer, but to restore from icloud since that would mean I'm getting fresh Apple copies of files, not my backups which may have a corruption in them.

Since I don't back up to icloud this meant restoring back to the day I got the ipad, but at least I had all the data files to recover and all my apps were available from the app store.

I use my ipad a lot and I have not had it drop the wifi connection since I went through the full restore.

Apr 25, 2015 12:15 PM in response to ToonTownRick

solved my problem without having to do a restore. I read elsewhere to try the following:

on the ipad, reset the network settings, then shut down the ipad. Then reboot your wifi router. When it comes back up, restart the ipad and then reconnect to the wifi network. It worked both for my and my husband's ipads, no more dropped wifi. Maybe it might help someone else.

Apr 25, 2015 4:32 PM in response to Tatuverde

Tatuverde wrote:

Same problem. All Apple computers in the house and Iphones have this problem.

We've got an old Windows desktop that works perfectly with WiFi

😮

That points to either a problem with your Network setup/and or Router reset required, or else every Apple product in the world is at fault. Seeing they are not, try the first suggestion.

Pete

Apr 27, 2015 8:09 AM in response to petermac87

petermac87 wrote:

Tatuverde wrote:

Same problem. All Apple computers in the house and Iphones have this problem.

We've got an old Windows desktop that works perfectly with WiFi

😮

That points to either a problem with your Network setup/and or Router reset required, or else every Apple product in the world is at fault. Seeing they are not, try the first suggestion.

Pete

Don't forget that everyone is having this issue since ios8.2. Too much of a coincidence that a large proportion of apple users routers would suddenly fail at the same time.

I had the same problem as Tatuverde. Every Apple device's wifi connection was dropping if any of the devices on the network started to upload data. (icloud backup, or someone uploading etc.) My ISP checked my router/connection (standard issue router for the isp) and it was deemed fine. Tried everything and eventually I tried buying a new more up to date router and the problem went away. Looks like ios8.2 communication protocols require a more advanced router. Infuriating.

Apr 27, 2015 8:57 AM in response to MagicStick

Infuriating indeed.

Tested again: all devices turned off. I switch on Google TV =>no problem!

I switch on wii on anotherTV set and use it to access Netflix=> no problem.

I Turn on wi-fi on my IPhone and hear my daughter screaming: "Mooom, the internet is down again!"

Maybe it's the push I needed to switch to Android...

Too bad I trusted Apple too much: 4 IPhones and 3 Macs in the house!

😠

Apr 27, 2015 1:42 PM in response to MagicStick

MagicStick wrote:

Don't forget that everyone is having this issue since ios8.2.

Everybody? I have only seen a tiny few here in trouble shooting forums and some have fixed their issues if you do a quick search here.

In real life I have not seen an issue with anyone I know and I work in an Apple environment. If 'everybody' had this issue (I still don't know what led you to that conclusion) then boards like this would be inundated by millions of the iOS8.2 and 8.3 users.

Pete

Apr 27, 2015 2:21 PM in response to petermac87

Pardon me for the confusion, but when I said 'everybody' I was referring to everyone on this thread.

There does, however, seem to be a very large issue with wifi problem. No matter what section of the forums you are in there are some variation of the similar problem with wifi. even over at Mac rumours you can can see thread after thread about it. This is no made up problem. It is real. lots of people are experiencing it.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.