Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't get any map on my apple watch

Opening Plan app on my apple watch, show me only a grid and no map !

Watch Sport 42mm, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 9:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Mar 10, 2017 10:22 PM

Unbelievable that this problem still occurs almost 2 years after this thread started. What worked for me was unpairing (including backup and resetting the watch) and repairing the watch.

For those who did not do that before (like me): No worries, your watch (esp. settings, apps, watchfaces) will be like before. Steps are described on https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204568.

The other solutions above like doing a simple or nearby search did not work for me.

134 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Mar 10, 2017 10:22 PM in response to MontBlancWatch

Unbelievable that this problem still occurs almost 2 years after this thread started. What worked for me was unpairing (including backup and resetting the watch) and repairing the watch.

For those who did not do that before (like me): No worries, your watch (esp. settings, apps, watchfaces) will be like before. Steps are described on https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT204568.

The other solutions above like doing a simple or nearby search did not work for me.

Jan 8, 2017 3:25 AM in response to MontBlancWatch

I have this problem frequently on a Nike+ 42mm with Watch OS 3 and iPhone 6+ with iOS 10.2. Sometimes top level maps do show, but not lower levels. I keep the App in the dock for quicker access. Super annoying bug.

if I open near by, and request a route e.g. to the nearest gas station, something kicks in and the lower level maps are working again.

(I also frequently have the Siri no connection problem, watch stating neither watch or iPhone has access to Siri when in fact iPhone Siri does work well).

Jan 8, 2017 5:24 AM in response to LifeOnEarth

Tried all of the above solutions; this was the one that finally got it working; thanks!

Went into "Nearby", chose Shopping, Supermarkets, picked a supermarket, then walking directions. Waited for the route to load and saw that the lower level maps updated also.

After that, when I go to "My Location" the lower level maps are now working.

Mar 26, 2017 1:22 AM in response to grumar

All the above didn't work for me, but..

I have two access points at home: one has the 5 Ghz band and the 2.4 Ghz band. And I have an older one with only 2.4

I have always only used the newer dualband router and maps didn't work until I connected my phone to the older one. And lo an behold, overnight it all worked.

can't get any map on my apple watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.