Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Weather app not working on watch

I just got the apple watch and all the apps seem to work. But the default weather app cannot retrieve any data. I just has the spinning dots. I looked on my phone and the app works and has follow access to my location. The other weather app I loaded works great but of course I can't add a third party app to the watch faces. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Dustin

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3, null

Posted on Apr 24, 2015 12:34 PM

43 replies

Apr 24, 2015 2:23 PM in response to Need4Surfn2

I had this issue, but was able to find out the cause and fix it. I normally use the Weather Channel app instead of the Apple Weather app, maybe you do too.

On your iPhone, go into the Apple Weather app and make sure that you have a default city set up there. If you don't then add one, and that location will show up in the Apple Watch app and on the weather app on the Apple Watch. That's all I had to do to get mine working.

May 8, 2015 9:11 AM in response to zachcollier

I just had the same problem with my new watch and was able to fix it without all the resetting and unsyncing stuff. My fix was to go into the Apple weather app on my iPhone and delete then reload my default city, in this case Chicago. I noticed that in the iPhone weather app all three of the cities I had in there were "stuck" and not loading current data or had corrupted data (It thought Chicago, New York and Cupertino were all midnight and 82º) . I deleted them and when I re-added them they loaded with current data which also then synced back correctly to my watch. It was way easier than a full unsync/restart and it actually worked.

Weather app not working on watch

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.