Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Internet accounts keeps asking for Google password

I keep getting the following notification to enter my Google password in internet accounts since updating to 10.10.3. I have Google's two-factor authentication enabled and have already entered my password through internet accounts but I keep getting this notification every few days. I have tried removing the account and adding again, but the same thing happens.

User uploaded file

MacBook Pro (Retina, 13-inch, Late 2012), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3)

Posted on Apr 25, 2015 5:49 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 26, 2017 3:35 AM

Ok this was a serious pain.

What i did to resolve this issue was :

1. go to your connected apps in your Google Security settings. (https://myaccount.google.com/u/0/permissions
  2. and deauthorize any 3rd party apps that may be causing this.. for me it was fantistical 2.
  3. Force close any app that is causing the prompting
  4. then reopen the app
  5. enter your icloud pass
  6. then click "allow" for the app as it will provide a new prompt

my issue was gone

34 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 26, 2017 3:35 AM in response to MrOriginal

Ok this was a serious pain.

What i did to resolve this issue was :

1. go to your connected apps in your Google Security settings. (https://myaccount.google.com/u/0/permissions
  2. and deauthorize any 3rd party apps that may be causing this.. for me it was fantistical 2.
  3. Force close any app that is causing the prompting
  4. then reopen the app
  5. enter your icloud pass
  6. then click "allow" for the app as it will provide a new prompt

my issue was gone

Feb 15, 2017 6:25 AM in response to TheKarateKid

I'm new to this thread, having searched all over for a solution to the constant 'Google Password Required' prompt. I've tried the suggestions in this thread, but none of these makes a difference. I'm seeing this prompt around every 20 minutes.

If I click 'Close' it returns 20mins later. If I click 'Continue', I enter my password and a Sign-in dialogue offers a code, invites me to "switch to your application and paste it there". I don't see anywhere to paste the code. After I cancel the dialogue box, the Password Required prompt returns 20mins later.

Maddening. Help!?

Running Yosemite (10.10.5) on a MacBook Air, FWIW.

May 4, 2015 12:42 AM in response to BekahB

I received the same prompt and since accepting the permissions I have received the "Google Password Required" notifications many times on an ongoing basis. Each time I click "Continue" on the notification I am taken to Internet Accounts preferences and then receive the same sign in and permissions prompt.

May 7, 2015 12:20 PM in response to MrOriginal

This is happening to me as well. It's getting quite annoying. I've searched and searched for a solution and find nothing.

I really don't know if the solution is "switch to iCloud" as this was never a problem before. I've been using OS X since it first came out and upgrade after upgrade this has never happened before.

It just seems like "switching to iCloud" shouldn't be the solution. Will keep looking and report if I find anything.

Internet accounts keeps asking for Google password

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.