Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

can't download apps on apple store ios 8.3

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on Apr 26, 2015 7:09 AM

38 replies

May 17, 2015 6:56 PM in response to shifanmz

**Try power off/on**

I was having a similar problem with the spinning circle next to the app but no download commencing. I discovered I was logged out (I think my son was to blame there 🙂). Logging in didn't fix it. So I tried a power off and on... That allowed the app downloads to commence (slowly thickening circle around square). But when the circle/download was complete it didn't show the 'open' rectangle and some just recommenced the download! Tapped on all 6 downloads to stop them and was able to get one download to complete, then a second. Then I tried to update all and that had problems. Stopping the Google Maps download allowed the other three to complete... and just now the Google Maps update completed. Hooray. I hope this helps someone.

May 22, 2015 11:59 AM in response to shifanmz

I have this same problem. I recently upgraded to the iPhone 6 from a 4s and was able to reinstall everything from icloud. However, I cannot update or download anything over wifi. I have looked at every possible post out here and tried everything. I have reset my phone, reset the data setting, changed the DNS code to 8.8.8.8, wiped my phone clean and started as new. The best error message I can get is "Unable to download app...(app name) could not be installed at this time." Of course I can use my data to download everything. Someone please help!!!!!!!

When I upgraded my phone, I had to go from my unlimited data plan to a 6gb plan, every bit it the data was used within a week and a half, despite having NEVER being over 6gb in the past several years. And I streamed Pandora 2 hours a day on top of everything else. I looked at every post and ended up turning off my icloud and that seemed to help to where I didn't use up 6gm in 10 days...I ended up using it all in 20 days. This is really just frustrating at this point.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.