Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Import from Photos library to Powerpoint

I am having difficulty importing a photo from the new Photos library into a powerpoint presentation.

In powerpoint, I go Insert -> Picture from file -> Pictures but the Photos Library is greyed out.

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

MacBook Air

Posted on May 1, 2015 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 7:10 PM

I had no trouble with iPhoto: copy photo and paste into a Powerpoint slide and that was it. With the new Photo, this does not work. Neither can I drag a photo from a Photo album and insert into a Powerpoint slide. It does not stay on the slide by goes back to the album. (APPLE and MICROSOFT GENIUSES, ARE YOU READING ALL OF THIS)? What you need to do is cumbersome, but: drag the photo onto your desktop; and then you can drag it again onto a Powerpoint slide. Either I am not doing something correctly or they messed up a good application. Also, when an application is changed/"upgraded", why are there no explanations on how to use it? It's ridiculous.

53 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 5, 2015 7:10 PM in response to Lori-P

I had no trouble with iPhoto: copy photo and paste into a Powerpoint slide and that was it. With the new Photo, this does not work. Neither can I drag a photo from a Photo album and insert into a Powerpoint slide. It does not stay on the slide by goes back to the album. (APPLE and MICROSOFT GENIUSES, ARE YOU READING ALL OF THIS)? What you need to do is cumbersome, but: drag the photo onto your desktop; and then you can drag it again onto a Powerpoint slide. Either I am not doing something correctly or they messed up a good application. Also, when an application is changed/"upgraded", why are there no explanations on how to use it? It's ridiculous.

May 2, 2015 7:40 AM in response to Yer_Man

I get that for some programs, but for websites like Twitter and Facebook, I get this:

User uploaded file

Photos doesn't show up in the Media Browser. If I go to the Pictures folder where Photos Library lives, I get this:

User uploaded file

Double clicking doesn't show package contents--it attaches the library as if it were a photo, so I get this:

User uploaded file

I hate that I have to drag photos to my desktop and then delete them because the new library system isn't generating an entry into the package contents. Any ideas, geniuses? THANK YOU!!!

May 3, 2015 7:44 AM in response to Yer_Man

I am struggling with exactly the same thing! I have no ability to access my Photo Library, only Photo Booth within PowerPoint. Insert Picture gives me no option as per the image above, and when I go to Insert Picture on the PowerPoint slide, I only get Photo Booth Images. See second image.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Please help! I am trying o do a presentation for my son's class on why he's so special. And I need to use PowerPoint not Keynote to do the presentation for the school as they run Windows.

Thank you!

May 23, 2015 8:32 AM in response to Sinsabaugh

Make sure you're looking in the correct library. The User/Home/Library.

NOTE: In Lion and Mountain Lion the Home/Library folder is now invisible. To make it permanently visible enter the following in the Terminal application window: chflags nohidden ~/Library and press the Return key - 10.7: Un-hide the User Library folder. It also works for Mavericks and Yosemite.

For Mavericks and Yosemite go to your Home folder and use the View ➙ Show View Options menu to bring up this window:

User uploaded file

Import from Photos library to Powerpoint

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.