Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stand activity doesn't work with standing desks (oh the irony)

I use a standing desk and normally stand from 9am to 2:30 every day (sometimes all day). Today I've worked with my hands on my keyboard from 9-2 and watch only thinks i've stood for 2 hours - the times that I went to the bathroom and when i went to get lunch. I suspect that L shaped hands up desk posture is considered "sitting" by watch when the irony is that i'm at a standing desk the whole time. Pretty hard to tell I guess but wow ironic that as one of the people who has been standing at work for a long time that I'm unlikely to ever meet my standing goal (guess 12 minutes beats 8 hours of standing according to apple watch - doh!)

Anybody else seeing this issue?

Apple Watch, apple watch standing desk

Posted on May 4, 2015 11:06 AM

69 replies

May 16, 2015 2:33 PM in response to BonaHoTep1

It's a stand feature, not a stand desk feature, it works exactly how it says it does. I actually think you need to get away from your stand desk too, you are kidding yourself if you think standing still for hours on end is good for you, but that's another matter, this app is nothing to do with stand desks, it's to get you up from sitting and have you move around a little, to that end that's exactly what it does.

May 18, 2015 10:46 AM in response to Meesh2323

I thought it was an issue also until I started to swing my arms more prominently when I walk. Before, I would walk upstairs and back and forth for almost 5 minutes with no "credit". Now, it only takes me about 30 seconds to get the Watch to recognize it...and it's because I started to swing my arms more wildly as I walk when I'm prompted to stand.

May 21, 2015 9:54 PM in response to BonaHoTep1

Yes. I'm having the same problem. In addition, I get "stand up" reminders at 10pm. These are serious design flaws. I suspect that this will become a "throw away" App for most people and that there will far better Apps for activity tracking that come out from 3rd parties. Be patient and wait for the developer community to come to the rescue! 🙂

Stand activity doesn't work with standing desks (oh the irony)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.