Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I just got the new macbook pro and i installed all the latest updates and when i go to open iPhoto it says that i need to update it. but then when i click update on the little notification it says update not available in my country.

I just got the new macbook pro and i installed all the latest updates and when i go to open iPhoto it says that i need to update it. but then when i click update on the little notification it says update not available in my country. What do i do to fix this?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 6, 2015 4:24 PM

4 replies

May 6, 2015 5:27 PM in response to verogalle

Hi verogalle, i had the exact same problem here is the link to my question....

Link

There is no way you can get iPhoto now for it doesn't run on mac anymore, now you will need to use Photos which is the new app but don't worry if you had any photos on iPhoto you can simply just import them to Photos.

Just go to Photos then click

File > Import

and then I am sure you can figure it out from there (Sorry couldn't really explain the rest and couldn't find a video to show you)

Thank you and have a good day:)

May 6, 2015 7:48 PM in response to VeggiePanda

VeggiePanda wrote:

Hi verogalle, i had the exact same problem here is the link to my question....

Link

There is no way you can get iPhoto now for it doesn't run on mac anymore, now you will need to use Photos which is the new app but don't worry if you had any photos on iPhoto you can simply just import them to Photos.

File > Import

and then I am sure you can figure it out from there (Sorry couldn't really explain the rest and couldn't find a video to show you)

Thank you and have a good day:)

Total garbage -- iPhoto runs just fine under OS X 10.10.3 - I use it daily

You can choose to use Photos - or you can choose not to - your choice

You simply need to install version 9.6.1 which the link I provided explains if you would bother to read it

LN

May 6, 2015 11:03 PM in response to VeggiePanda

File > Import

And that's not how you migrate an iPhoto Library. You just open it.

Hold down the option (or alt) key key and launch Photos. From the resulting menu select 'Choose Library'

I just got the new macbook pro and i installed all the latest updates and when i go to open iPhoto it says that i need to update it. but then when i click update on the little notification it says update not available in my country.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.