Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I remove an Apple Watch Source from Health App?

I recently got an Apple Watch and encountered some issues. In trying to troubleshoot the problem one of the steps tried was to reset the watch and pair it with the iPhone as new Apple Watch. As a result I now have two Apple Watch devices listed in the Sources of the Health application. The record for the first pairing says "This Apple Watch is no longer paired with this iPhone". All I seem to be able to do is view this status but I can't find a way to remove the record. I have tried the right to left swipe to bring up a delete option but that doesn't work. I have also looked around the Watch app and since that pairing is no longer active there is no way to access it there either. I then looked at Settings on the iPhone under Privacy > Heath and only apps are listed there not devices. How do I remove this source?

iPhone 6, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 8, 2015 11:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Feb 6, 2017 4:45 AM

Thanks- This is good news for people who haven't yet botched up their sources with multiple unpaired watches. My first watch was broken and I got a replacement. When setting that replacement up, I forgot my watch password (didn't actually forget but must have entered it incorrectly with the tiny buttons -38mm), so In had to unpair the device. I didn't want to restore from the backup and retain the password I didn't know, so I set up as new watch. Now I too have all 3 watches as sources, two are unpaired, and can't get rid of them.

Apple, if you are reading this- In future updates please allow us to swipe left or right to delete the sources we no longer want.

55 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Feb 6, 2017 4:45 AM in response to _AdamTheGreat_

Thanks- This is good news for people who haven't yet botched up their sources with multiple unpaired watches. My first watch was broken and I got a replacement. When setting that replacement up, I forgot my watch password (didn't actually forget but must have entered it incorrectly with the tiny buttons -38mm), so In had to unpair the device. I didn't want to restore from the backup and retain the password I didn't know, so I set up as new watch. Now I too have all 3 watches as sources, two are unpaired, and can't get rid of them.

Apple, if you are reading this- In future updates please allow us to swipe left or right to delete the sources we no longer want.

Feb 27, 2017 12:46 PM in response to DjTaym

I had the same issue today and I accidentally deleted the data, not knowing what it would do. After getting off the phone with Apple Support and reading through posts in the community discussions, I have lost hope that the data can be recovered without having to restore the phone from and old backup (which would delete data that was created in the meantime).

Let me know if you find a solution.

Oct 20, 2016 10:14 PM in response to PammieJean

I had this problem and just found a solution. So you go to Settings > General > Storage & iCloud Usage > Manage Storage (first one) > then scroll down near the less than 1 Mb range and find Watch or Apple Watch. Then delete the backups from before. Unfortunately they're all named the same so you will have to go off of the dates of the backups to figure out which ones you wanna delete.

Feb 14, 2017 10:44 AM in response to sdftrnv

Hey sdftrnv, what happened when you set it up as new watch? ie., what happened to the data stored in your activity app? Is it still there in the history?

I just noticed that I had two apple watches in my sources under the health app. One is current and the other one said this apple watch is not paired. I knew I had to unpair on January 9th and had only had the watch since Christmas so I said ah...what the heck, I am going to hit the delete all data button and see what happens. This is what happened:

- The unpaired apple watch source disappeared after I closed and reopened the health app

- when I opened the health app and went to sources and open your watch under devices, the data is gone from the time I got the watch until the 2nd pairing (which was 2 weeks of data for me)

- I opened the activity app and yes, in the history, all my data from Dec 25 to Jan 9 is gone. I am a little disappointed but in the grand scheme of things, this is not a disaster.

- all my health data however is still recorded in the health app since I got my iphone 6 in June of 2015.

What I find interesting, is that when I paired my phone to my watch at Christmas time, all my activity data from my heath app was paired with my activity app (all the old data since June of 2015). This was just steps, floors, distances. Now that I deleted that unpaired apple watch data, all the old health app data that was there since the first pairing is now gone.

So, for those of you that were afraid to delete the unpaired apple watch data, not knowing what exactly would happen, this is it folks. I too am a little OCD about my data for sure and I am disappointed about losing my data that I had been tracked since Christmas Day but it was only two weeks.

I think no matter what apple does for this, such as give a swipe/delete option, a person is still going to lose any activity data that was stored during the times of those watch pairings except for the basic activity data that the health app was saving. If you ever need to re-pair you will have to restore the watch from a backup (which are in there somewhere...don't worry) if you want to continue saving

Feb 21, 2017 12:58 PM in response to PammieJean

I now lost 10 months of data in the Health app when I deleted the "unpaired" Apple Watch under Sources. Maybe this was a bad move, but how can I retrieve the data again? I would have wanted to merge the data, not delete the data.

When I did restore my iPhone and Apple Watch, I did it through iTunes with encrypted backup. Follow everything in detailed, but still I had two Apple Watch under SOURCE 😟

All help is highly appreciated 🙂

May 20, 2015 6:02 PM in response to PammieJean

I'm having the same problem. I have two watches listed under Heath app's "Sources" -> "Devices" list. Both are called "Joshua's Apple Watch." One reports "Go to the Apple Watch app to change health data settings for this Apple Watch" and the other reports "This Apple Watch is no longer paired with this iPhone."

How do I REMOVE that second one entirely?

Any solution appreciated!

May 29, 2015 5:23 AM in response to Fofer

Same issue here. I had to reset my Apple Watch, and now I see two "Adam's Apple Watch" devices listed in the Health App's sources tab.

I think this is just an aesthetic thing, as it shouldn't cause any issues. It would still be nice to be able to remove it.

I don't think i'll restore my phone just for that though.

Did anyone else find a solution to this?

How do I remove an Apple Watch Source from Health App?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.