Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone 6 plus sudden shut off and won't turn on.

My phone just sudden shut off and can't on. I have tried hard reset it don't works and connect to desktop nothing happen as well.

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 16, 2015 11:40 PM

157 replies

May 31, 2017 9:24 AM in response to CJGarrow

So, it's not OK for Philly_Phan to respond to the poster, but it's OK for you to comment on a post that was done over a year ago, without providing any of the information that might help us to help you? If you want help here, then randomly commenting on other posts in the thread for the sole purpose of criticizing, and not providing any information as to what specific issues you are having, is not going to achieve that.

What iPhone are you using? What iOS are you running? What specific issues are you having?

Several different issues have been discussed in this forum, so not sure which one you think "Apple should address".

So, again, please state what your specific issue is, what iOS you are running, whether you have jailbroken your phone, and what, if any non-iTunes Store apps you are running on the device.

GB

Jun 2, 2017 12:41 PM in response to CJGarrow

CJGarrow wrote:

Thanks, but yes, I have done that. Twice actually. Roughly 6 months apart. My phone is no longer under warranty so I'm thinking I need to bite the bullet and upgrade.

CM

That would have been helpful to know ahead of time. If you have a plain ol' iPhone 6, then unfortunately, you are not even eligible for an OOW replacement 😟.

Looks like an upgrade may be the way to go unless you want to look into getting the battery replaced (which is an unknown amount, apparently): iPhone Battery & Power - Official Apple Support

Best of luck,

GB

Jan 7, 2017 11:38 AM in response to sim61

Same thing just happened to my daughter's iPhone 6s purchased new March 2016. No drops, no water damage. Held down reset buttons beyond 30 sec, tried 3 chargers, Verizon store couldn't revive it. It had been on and used for a couple hours earlier in the day, no problem. What the heck, Apple? Pay premium price, but dependability is going downhill. Still under Apple warranty so will be returning it. Nevertheless, pretty annoying. My iPhone 5, two+ yrs old, has been a good workhorse. Now makes me feel I should keep it awhile longer, though I'd like a better camera and display. Are we just supposed to be happy these days that our phones don't burst into flames?

Jan 7, 2017 11:54 AM in response to MrsMagoo89

Apple is not here - this is a user to user technical support forum. When you say you held the "reset" buttons do you mean the Home and Power buttons at the same time? Did the Apple appear? Are you certain that the device is charged?

It is possible that you got a device that had a manufacturing flaw, ergo the warranty. It happens. But if it was a case of "dependability", then millions of people would be flooding the internet and this forum.

I agree, it is annoying and a major bummer, but the good news is that it will be replaced.

Cheers,

GB

Jan 9, 2017 7:46 PM in response to gail from maine

I have just read through 12 pages of threads. I have had this phone for over a year. Have only had this problem for the last week. First, it would shut off with 30% power. Now, it shuts off with 88%. Goes to dark gray screen. Since I am at home, I can plug it in to charge. Shows regular drained battery picture, restarts, and shows 88% power again.

I turned off the app refresh button, as suggested. Thought it helped, but it still shuts down for no reason.

Am I hearing correctly from all of these replies that I should do a reset to factory setting as a new phone? Some have said it is a hardware problem.

Could it be latest upgrade? I don't recall the home button getting hot.

And I live up in the mountains nowhere near an Apple Store.

Jan 26, 2017 2:43 PM in response to sim61

So my problem is similar but it turns of at say 40% and then for the next 5 minutes it says it's out of battery. Then after 5 or so minutes, I can turn it back on. If I try to run anything it will shut off and do the same thing. The only way I've found to temporarily fix it is to hard reset a couple of times right after it restarts. Anything I can do or will it need to be repaired? Also I have an iPhone 6 and I think it may be a RAM issue as when I try to open say twitter it will shut off. Help please.

May 2, 2017 2:46 AM in response to sim61

It seems to me that (on my phone, at least), this has started when the latest forced update happened. This morning was one of the toughest I had trying to start the phone. It was only after I put the USB on my computer, started up ITunes and pressed the home and start button (I had to hold it for close to a minute). This is getting to be quite a nuisance.

iPhone 6 plus sudden shut off and won't turn on.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.