Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I am getting impatient waiting for Apple to fix the bugs in iOS 8.3. I rely on my iPad and separate GPS reciever for flight navigation in my airplane. Are you addressing this problem.

I am getting impatient waiting for Apple to fix the bugs in iOS 8.3. I rely on my iPad and separate GPS reciever for flight navigation in my airplane. Are you addressing this problem.

iPad 2, iOS 8.3

Posted on May 21, 2015 7:57 AM

11 replies

May 21, 2015 8:00 AM in response to ray forrest

This is a user to user forum, so no one here can answer you. You can send a note here

http://www.apple.com/feedback/

However I doubt you'll get an answer. Going by past history, fixes are out when they're out. And even Apple Store employees dont' know what's coming until it arrives. You can use that feedback to report the bugs and perhaps send feedback to your GPS unit manufacturer, see if they have any insight.

May 21, 2015 1:12 PM in response to ray forrest

Some gps manufactures have updated the firmware on their devices.

At one time apple indicated that they had a proposed fix for bluetooth in 8.4. People are not commenting on whether or not there is a fix and it worked because of non-disclosure agreements for testing beta releases.

workarounds.

-- Try a cable connection for your device if allowed.

-- Toward the end, you will see some gps manufactures have updated their device firmware.

GPS data not available to apps after iOS 8.3 update

-- Try the public 8.4 beta.

http://osxdaily.com/2015/04/27/ios-8-4-public-beta-1-ios-8-4-beta-2-released-for -testing/

May 27, 2015 7:25 PM in response to ray forrest

If your GPS manufacturer (whoever that is) is the one who "alerted" to this, why didn't they contact Apple during the Beta's of 8.3 and alert them?

If Apple is continuing to sign the 8.2 iOS for iPad (last I heard they are) you can roll back but you will have to use Google to learn how to do this. Be sure the .ipsw file you get is from Apple. You can also participate in the public beta. Or you can wait.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.