Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I do not like photo. Can I go back to I photo?

I am not happy with photo. Can I go back to i photo?

I have all my photos in events and it was working perfect for me.

I can't figure out how to use photo. I don't want icloud is that a must and I have no options?

iMac, iOS 8.3

Posted on Jun 7, 2015 11:46 AM

12 replies

Jun 7, 2015 12:03 PM in response to gizmutsmom

If you already converted your iPhoto to Photos, then there is no way to restore that library to work with iPhoto.

If you haven't converted your original iPhoto library, yet, then you can still use iPhoto with Yosemite.

If your Mac still has the up to date iPhoto 9.6.1 installed and you haven't converted your iPhoto library, yet, you can continue to use iPhoto.

Jun 7, 2015 12:04 PM in response to gizmutsmom

10.10.3 refers to your OS X version, not iPhoto.

If you had iPhoto 9.6.1 you can go to either Launchpad on the Dock, or the Applications folder in Finder, and look for iPhoto there. And just double click it to open it

If you did not have 9.6.1, you may need to uninstall iPhoto, and install it again form your Purchases in the Mac app Store App to get the newest version that will run on Yosemite 10.10.3

Reverting to iPhoto after Photos migration

Jun 7, 2015 2:21 PM in response to gizmutsmom

gizmutsmom wrote:

I am not happy with photo. Can I go back to i photo?

I have all my photos in events and it was working perfect for me.

I can't figure out how to use photo. I don't want icloud is that a must and I have no options?

When I first launched the new Photos app on my iMac I was quite confused. But after I used to View menu to View Sidebar, the new Photos app became a lot more familiar. All of the structure I saw in iPhoto was there in Photos.

I think it's best to try to use the new Photos app because i suspect iPhoto is being left behind and will no longer be updated.

Jul 8, 2015 4:45 AM in response to gizmutsmom

When I try to open iPhoto in my Applications folder I get this message:

"The version of iPhoto installed on this Mac is not compatible with OS X Yosemite. Download the latest version for free from the Mac App Store"

Then when I try to get the updated version from the Apple Applications Store, I'm told it's not available in the UK store. I live in Kenya but bought my Macbook Air in the UK.

I want to be able to use iPhoto - Photo doesn't work for me at all - anyone got any suggestions of how I get iPhoto working again? All my photos have been migrated to Photo (which is a useless app!) and I want to be able to use iPhoto ... pretty please!

I do not like photo. Can I go back to I photo?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.