Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2015 MacBook Pro 15" - Something loose inside?

I own a 2015 MacBook Pro 15" 2.5 GHz/16GB/512GB/AMD GPU. When I was putting my MBP into my backpack tonight, I felt what I thought was something inside the machine shift toward the side going in first. I pulled the laptop out and shook it laterally, and it seemed like a large component was moving slightly to the left and right edges of the case. I tried shaking the machine with both the lid open and closed and noticed it only when the lid was closed. Whatever it is, it's not very loose, so it requires a littlebit of effort to notice it. I don't see anything out of the ordinary from the outside, and the computer seems to be working properly. Any ideas on what might be happening? Is this normal?

MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015), OS X Yosemite (10.10.3), null

Posted on Jun 15, 2015 9:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 7, 2015 10:22 PM

I had the exact problem with my 13" MacBook Pro (Early 2015). I made a Genius Bar appointment and after they looked inside they told me that it was the battery moving around (not properly secured). My problem has since been fixed and I no longer feel movement on the inside.

I will linke my topic below:

Subtle movement inside of my MacBook pro

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 7, 2015 10:22 PM in response to 6b65697468

I had the exact problem with my 13" MacBook Pro (Early 2015). I made a Genius Bar appointment and after they looked inside they told me that it was the battery moving around (not properly secured). My problem has since been fixed and I no longer feel movement on the inside.

I will linke my topic below:

Subtle movement inside of my MacBook pro

Jul 6, 2015 2:03 PM in response to 6b65697468

Check out the thread here...

Macbook Pro Retina when tilted or flipped makes a clicking/popping noise

I just got my Macbook back from the Apple Store after leaving it for repair and left a pretty long comment about the situation. Pretty sure you're experiencing the same thing I was.

I had also posted this thread originally...

Macbook Pro Retina Clunking Sound...Loose Part, or Normal?

Let us know what comes of it.

Jul 11, 2015 9:32 AM in response to zkmeeks93

I replaced it with one that suffers from significant backlight bleeding. I've got a day left to return this one, and I'm thinking I might replace it with a Dell. The last two Macs I've owned have suffered from quality issues (one had an SSD that failed within two years), and even though I'm used to and would prefer a Mac as my primary machine, I've recently had way better quality and customer support experiences with Dell.

2015 MacBook Pro 15" - Something loose inside?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.