Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Has iTunes match gone haywire?

My music artists are all over the place, I noticed it this morning. Just out of blue on all my iOS devices. It makes no difference if the metadata matches for artist, album artist, sort by artist, sort by album artist, ensure compilation is unticked. Many songs are coming up in strange places on the artists view in the iOs devices. Lots of entries under various artists popping up. I have a list of cliff Richard four times under artist as an example - its just crazy. Happened out of nowhere. I only really noticed earlier as back to work started listening to my songs but ic ould of been at the weekend it went all wrong. My iTunes library is perfectly sorted. anyone else seeing strange entries crop up amid their artist list. Could the impending Apple Music be wreaking havoc with match?

Posted on Jun 22, 2015 11:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 22, 2015 11:37 AM

Something is seriously wrong with it. All iOS devices are showing split artists despite perfect metadata. I even checked the artist list in iTunes view and they display correctly on here. Adam and the Ants as example shows FOUR times. A single album is split under the four listings. in iTunes I just highlighted all the songs to ensure I re-edited the artist and album artist correctly and was exactly the same. I also ensure compilation was unticked, yet no diff.

restarting match on the ios devices makes no diff either.

This is madness

290 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 22, 2015 11:37 AM in response to Scottyboy99

Something is seriously wrong with it. All iOS devices are showing split artists despite perfect metadata. I even checked the artist list in iTunes view and they display correctly on here. Adam and the Ants as example shows FOUR times. A single album is split under the four listings. in iTunes I just highlighted all the songs to ensure I re-edited the artist and album artist correctly and was exactly the same. I also ensure compilation was unticked, yet no diff.

restarting match on the ios devices makes no diff either.

This is madness

Jun 23, 2015 3:48 AM in response to Scottyboy99

Hey. I had an album do the same on Friday evening. It was all over the place and one that I purchased from iTunes. I tried everything to correct it. Even deleting from iCloud and dropping it back into itunes and deactivating iTunes Match. stilol seperated into several different albums. Today I've just noticed its now most of my albums on my iPhone 5. All gone to pot?? Crazy. What can we do??

Jun 23, 2015 3:55 AM in response to Banksy11

I'm surprised more people are not bringing this up (perhaps not that many match users anymore). My brother has reported the same nightmare scenario on his subscription. I assumed then it was widespread as he lives elsewhere so there is nothing connected to us. I've reported to apple over email and also scheduled a call http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

If you do the same then they might actually take some responsibility. It all seems to be a bit of co incidence doesn't it that Apple Musis stream service is imminent and suddenly match goes wonky.

Jun 23, 2015 5:27 AM in response to Scottyboy99

Well the call is going well. Been on it almost an hour, being passed from pillar to post. This is seriously screwed up. Apple broke something on their side. If it was just me I could understand the reluctance to accept an issue. But I spoke to my brother, one of my friends who is a tech geek and we are all seeing the same ridiculous issue. Makes me think there are much wider spread issues. One person I spoke to sees no problems though but they never turn on their computer much less ever updates match.

Jun 23, 2015 5:28 AM in response to Scottyboy99

Yes, thank GOD I'm not the only one! This happened totally randomly last night late. I thought I was losing my mind. I am EXTREMELY anal about song tagging, and making sure EVERYTHING is done right, with album artists, etc. But seriously, this has me pulling my hair out. Album Artists are associated with tracks that have NOTHING to do with that artist. Seemingly random albums are broken up into individual tracks on both my iPhone and iPad, while many others are absolutely fine. Apple, FIX THIS. NOW!

Jun 23, 2015 5:35 AM in response to Scottyboy99

Example of what's happened to previously perfectly-tagged albums (before, I had ONE icon, and all the songs were inside the album, not all separated out like this):

User uploaded file

Notice how one track says the album artist is "The Definitive Smallville Soundtrack"? This is that SAME track in iTunes:

User uploaded file

...so obviously it has NOTHING to do with my Smallville soundtrack! This is a huge problem...

Jun 23, 2015 5:39 AM in response to Scottyboy99

I agree. This has only just happened so maybe they'll be a few more complaints yet. I was told there arn't that many iTunes match users. I had an issue about 3 weeks ago where I couldn't download 1 or 2 purchased albums over iTunes Match. I spoke to an apple supervisor, we went thro all the proper procedures to diagnose the problem and it was sorted the next day after he sent the info to the apple engineers. Hopefully this is just a glitch and I'm sure they'll sort it. But it's not on. iTunes Match has had no end of problems. But when it works it works well. I was on the phone for nearly an hour last time. It's a ball ache to say the least. Please let me know how you get on. They should sort it and probably will in time. But it's not on. We pay for a service and expect a good service, not one that's full of problems!!!

Jun 28, 2015 4:54 AM in response to Croweyes1121

Total mess! I am on the call now and I am going to try and refer them to the forum but it would help if we all escalate this to apple support so we can build a case. Are you willing to also contact them as they clearly have an issue their side?

( 0800 107 6285 UK ) ( 1800 80 4062 Ireland ) or maybe your US based so best go through http://www.apple.com/support/contact/

My case number is **********, maybe could share that with the advisor. Might be worth insisting on speaking a senior advisor

<Personal Information Removed by Host>

Jun 23, 2015 6:12 AM in response to Banksy11

Yeah its the same with me. on iTunes its perfect, also perfect on my old apple TV. Just the iOS devices that doing this. I wish I had an exact time stamp but I think it was sometime yesterday morning (UK time) - well that's when I saw the mess on my phone. I got home yesterday evening and grabbed the iPad and launched the app, at first the list looked all ok but then I noticed the data wheel was spinning at the top and after a few secs boom total mess. The screenshots I added further up are just a snippet, whilst not everything is affected it's a good number of artists. Like many I am very particular about the sorting of music and spent many many hours ensuring I am happy with meta data. But I cant do anything else, I have double, triple, checked the metadata and even tried re-editing it within iTunes but it has no bearing on my iOS device. Its still a mess, I know stuff still pushes as I added an artwork to an album and it showed up on my iOS device. It's just that whatever pushed yesterday caused chaos. I really think apple music and the preparation for this has had a nasty side effect for us match users. Of course its total speculation but it seems to be more than just co incidence

Has iTunes match gone haywire?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.