Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Previously loaded music is missing after IOS 8.4 upgrade

After updating to IOS 8.4 my music previously loaded on my phone from iTunes is gone as are my playlists.

It looks as though the space is still allocated on my phone, so the music must still be there.

The only music that shows are the songs I purchased.

How do I access my music or how can I clear the allocated space?

iPhone 5s, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 9:15 PM

I have the exact issue and it might be the deal breaker. I have most of my music loaded from vinyl and organized by key playlists. All gone. Most of my music you can't get on itunes with the crisp vinyl sound. All gone.

It's been recommended to try an load from itunes off a computer but I'm waiting to see if there are any better suggestions. (There's an update waiting on my computer as well.)

Another suggestion is to restore to the latest back-up however if you are using icloud back-up you may be screwed.

Tim Cook should just go ahead and rename Apple - Comcast. Because they keep getting crappier and crappier without providing any value.

74 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 30, 2015 9:15 PM in response to ENX

I have the exact issue and it might be the deal breaker. I have most of my music loaded from vinyl and organized by key playlists. All gone. Most of my music you can't get on itunes with the crisp vinyl sound. All gone.

It's been recommended to try an load from itunes off a computer but I'm waiting to see if there are any better suggestions. (There's an update waiting on my computer as well.)

Another suggestion is to restore to the latest back-up however if you are using icloud back-up you may be screwed.

Tim Cook should just go ahead and rename Apple - Comcast. Because they keep getting crappier and crappier without providing any value.

Jul 1, 2015 9:13 AM in response to ENX

II just experienced the same issue. After updating my iPhone 6 to 8.4, all of my previously loaded songs are missing. The only thing that shows in Music are purchased from iTunes. The thousands of songs I have loaded from my personal CD collection are gone and the General settings > About shows Songs = 0. Searching within the Music app for songs I know should be there shows no result.

Jul 1, 2015 11:52 PM in response to ENX

I always wait a while before updating ios. Glad I have not updated to 8.4 on my ipads this time !!

I believe Home Sharing has been removed in 8.4 !

I keep my entire music collection on itunes on my home windows pc, 14000 songs. I use Home Sharing to stream them to my ipads and sometimes onward bluetooth to my hifi. So this removal is massive to me and I wont be updating to 8.4.

Any workarounds ?

SJH

Jul 2, 2015 4:18 PM in response to ENX

I had just spent 3 days setting up a playlist for a cross-country trip and my playlists are gone as is half my music content-all purchased on Apple. I can't even find a way to make a playlist on the new OS and I can't delete songs I no longer want. This is VERY FRUSTRATING. How can I get my music to sync from my desktop to my iPhone?

Jul 2, 2015 6:40 PM in response to ENX

The songs are not lost, but I'm not able to figure out albums and playlists. It happened after I synced the phone with iTunes (not after upgrading to iOS 8.4).

However, the player in my car selected all of my 600+ songs and played. I don't see option to select albums/playlists in my car's player (I could do that prior to iOS 8.4).

Previously loaded music is missing after IOS 8.4 upgrade

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.