Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

cannot connect to gmail after 10.10.4 update

After updating to 10.10.4 I can no longer connect to gmail. It worked right before the update, so it's clearly the update that broke it. What can I do?

Posted on Jun 30, 2015 11:20 AM

21 replies

Jul 1, 2015 7:28 AM in response to yannick huexley

Depressing, this works for so many, but not for me.

The strange thing, mail logs into some google accounts, but the number is variable. I have another google account that I use to subscribe to a shared calendar, but not mail. Mail sometimes successfully logs into that account, although it's not even for mail. Yesterday it logged into imap and smtp for that account, today only the smtp.

Jul 1, 2015 8:39 AM in response to ahostmadsen

Now, for one of my google accounts, checking "Automatically detect and maintain account settings" makes a difference. Without it, mail can log into the smtp server, but not the imap server. With it checked, it can log into both smtp and imap servers. Alas, that is an account I only use to subscribe to a shared calendar (so why mail is logging into it is a mystery, but that's for another thread). For my actual mail account, checking or unchecking makes no difference.

cannot connect to gmail after 10.10.4 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.