Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music (iPhone) - Playlists/Music not syncing

Hello,

I am having an issue with the Apple Music on my iPhone. Whenever I hit add to my library (I have iCloud Library turned on) it does the check mark on the screen but does not show up on my phone music list.

I also set up a playlist on my iTunes on my Mac but the playlist will not be synced to my iPhone so I can't play it it.

Does anyone know how to resolve this?

Thanks,

Brent

Posted on Jul 2, 2015 12:00 PM

42 replies

Dec 8, 2016 3:05 PM in response to Dutchbjr

I had a similar issue. It was working one day and the next day my playlists disappeared when I connected my phone to the computer. None of the suggestions I found were working. This is how I fixed the issue. During my troubleshooting I closed out Itunes completely (on my computer). When I opened it again, it said that none of my songs were "checked" and that it would prevent any music from moving over. So I googled how to check all my music because there was no way I was going to click each song. You hold down the "command" button (on an apple computer) and click the check at the top of your list "songs" check column. This did the trick. I then re-synced my phone and everything was back to normal.

Mar 16, 2017 6:18 AM in response to Dutchbjr

So as I understand it;

apple music on iPhone/on => listen to music online, download music to iPhone, no syncing of playlists from PC/Mac

apple music on iPhone/off => listen to music online, no music download to iPhone possible, syncing of playlists with PC/Mac

But why? I want my playlists to sync with my Mac/iPhone *and* I want the possibility to download songs on iPhone when I'm away from my Mac.

I just don't get the logic behind this decision.😠

Jul 2, 2015 7:57 PM in response to Dutchbjr

After merging my Beats account I encountered the same issue. My playlists sync'd to iTunes on my Mac and to my iPad, but not to my iPhone. I finally got the playlists to sync by toggling Show Apple Music and iCloud Music Library on the iPhone. However, tonight I spent some time managing and creating playlists on my Mac and none of that has sync'd to the iPhone. I have no desire to go through the hassle of toggling settings every time I need something to sync.

Jul 7, 2015 9:52 PM in response to Dutchbjr

I'm on windows 8 (iTunes 12.2) and simply trying to have Apple Music playlists that I saved on the desktop and am following to show up on my iPhone. I presume they should show up in the iPhone Music app (although I saved them in iTunes desktop which is totally confusing). Hopefully I don't need to sync... Spotify is so easy. Why is this so complicated??

thanks...

Jul 8, 2015 11:37 PM in response to Dutchbjr

The same problem happened to me and I figured why they weren't showing , first go to the music app , hit "my music", then go to "library" then tap "playlists" or "songs" which ever one you have it set up as , then toggle "music available Offline". in my case that was the problem , hope that helps , only thing I hate about it is now how am I supposed to play my music offline?

User uploaded file

Jul 11, 2015 5:45 AM in response to Dutchbjr

This problem is really ticking me off. My playlists that I had on iTunes for the last many years are still on iTunes latest revision, however they will not sync to my iPhone! On the new 'Music' now on the iPhone my playlists do not transfer, and why did Apple delete them from my iPhone anyway with the new Music replacement of iTunes music app? This is really a pain in the rear because now I cannot listen to my playlists anymore on my iPhone because they are not there, and the new Music app does not show them. Apple please fix this really stupid bug ASAP!

(I have tried all the suggestions in this thread and not one single suggestion fixed this issue). In fact, in iTunes on my computer there is only "sync voice memos" from the Iphone sync menu now too!

I cannot believe that in all the Apple testing of the new Music app that nobody ever noticed this problem!

<Edited by Host>

Apple Music (iPhone) - Playlists/Music not syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.