Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

this item not eligible for icloud music library

An entire playlit wont sync to my phone and every time I try, this pop ups: "iCloud Music Library playlists can only include music from your iCloud Music Library. This playlist can’t be uploaded because it includes other media kinds or songs that are not eligible." It was working fine before. What should I do?

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 8.4

Posted on Jul 5, 2015 7:51 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 2, 2017 8:01 PM

For the newest update you have to click the song that's not eligible (once) then click File in the top left corner > convert > create AAC Version. Once you have done that it should make a duplicate, delete the old one, and then you should have one compatible with ICloud Music Library. If it doesn't start uploading to your phone, you may have to right click the song and press add to ICloud music library (I'm going off memory but it should say something along those lines).

27 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 2, 2017 8:01 PM in response to ijustwanttolistentomusic

For the newest update you have to click the song that's not eligible (once) then click File in the top left corner > convert > create AAC Version. Once you have done that it should make a duplicate, delete the old one, and then you should have one compatible with ICloud Music Library. If it doesn't start uploading to your phone, you may have to right click the song and press add to ICloud music library (I'm going off memory but it should say something along those lines).

Mar 18, 2017 10:03 AM in response to fj.andrade

Thanks for this it lead me in the right direction for my issue of coverting 24 Bit FLAC files to Apple Lossless which are also compatible for iCloud Music Library upload.

Just make sure the bit sample rate is the same or less than 44.100 kHZ when converting. When using dBPoweramp you can apply this as a filter rule and leave the other defaults as is.

May 4, 2017 8:12 AM in response to ijustwanttolistentomusic

Right now the iCloud Music Library doesn't support songs with a bit rate of 96kbps or less. It is likely that the songs are already AAC type when you imported the CD or songs, but the bit rate is lower.

To check what version your songs currently are: Select one of the songs and right click it and select: Get Info. Then select the File tab. You will see the Kind and the Bit rate. If the Kind is AAC but the bit rate is lower than 128 kbps, then this is the problem.

Close that Get Info panel and do the following to convert the song files:

From the iTunes menu, click: iTunes - Preferences - Then click the General tab. Then click the Import Settings... button.

For "Import Using": Select "AAC Encoder" and for "Setting: Select High Quality (128 kbps)". Then select OK to save and close your changes.

Once you are back at your songs, simply select them all and from the top menu choose: File - Convert - Create AAC Version. (The songs will be recreated with the right type now and onwards.)

After the conversion is complete for each song selected, you will have two copies of each song.

Select the first one of each of them (the one with the slash thru the cloud) and delete them. (The newly converted version will likely have a cloud next to it with a dotted outline.)

Once you only have the one song each, you can optionally double-check the file type by right clicking one of them and select Get Info and under the File tab, you should now see: AAC as the Kind and bit rate as: 128 kbps

You can then create your playlist if you haven't already done so. It may take 5 or so minutes for your playlist to show up on your iPhone or other devices as there is a lag.

Jun 1, 2017 2:08 PM in response to lionwoman7

Hi,

Thanks for this solution - it solved my problem. However I have one question, I'll try to explain it well. First off: I have an iPhone, an iTunes library and I just got Apple Music and have iCloud library turned on my iPhone and iTunes. So a bunch of songs vanished from my phone once I got Apple Music and now I figured out that the reason was they are all below 96 kbps. (And I know how to fix it thanks to you)

My question is - some of those songs are obscure remixes that may not be on Apple Music, but a lot of the songs are popular mainstream songs - shouldn't iCloud have "matched" them to better quality versions of the existing song from the iTunes Store as it supposedly does? Or does the song in question (e.g. Any of the tracks below 96 Kbps) have to be on the iCloud library in order for that to happen? Basically - once I use your solution and create AAC copies of these tracks and copy them onto my iCloud library and subsequently iPhone; will those tracks be "matched" with songs on the iTunes Store and replaced with better quality ones, or forever remain AAC 128 Kbps songs? I hope I could explain it well. Thanks a bunch!

Dec 2, 2017 11:41 AM in response to LawsRader

Thanks for the info. I was able to convert most of my files that are 96 mbps or less to 128. However, for some of them, it just didn't work. ITunes says:

An error occurred while trying to import the file “[song name]”.

The current encoder settings for bit rate and sample rate are not valid for this file.

Solution was to convert them to MP3 instead.

Jul 11, 2015 11:13 AM in response to ijustwanttolistentomusic

I also have the same problem. I found there are tracks in the playlist that are "ineligible", which is preventing the upload of the entire playlist. I selected the playlist, and in the "My Music" section, I sorted all my tracks by "iCloud download" and found a few with a slash thru a cloud icon. Unfortunately I was not able to ascertain WHY those tracks are ineligible - I tried right clicking on the track and selecting "add to iCloud music" but after a short delay, ineligible status returned. I would like to know why certain tracks are ineligible and let's get that fixed.

As a work around, I simply created a duplicate playlist and named it "_____ iCloud", then deleted the ineligible tracks, and it uploaded to the iCloud library fine. So, some of my tracks aren't there, which is disappointing, but at least most of them are. This works as a temporary "fix" until Apple can figure out how to upload ineligible tracks!,

Jul 11, 2015 11:08 PM in response to ijustwanttolistentomusic

Hello,

I found a solution for this problem which was also bugging me with a lot of my favourite songs.

It seems that iCloud Music Library does not support songs with a bit rate of 96kbps or less (see here: iTunes Match: Understanding the iCloud Status icons - Apple Support).

What I did was as simple as this: just right click on the song that is not available for iCloud Music Library and look for an option that says "Create AAC version..." click on that option and once you do it, iTunes will create an AAC version that has a bitrate of 128kbps thus the song will be eligible for uploading into iCloud. Then you just have to delete the older version, this is just a workaround until Apple fixes it. I hope this works for you guys.

If you have any questions let me know.

this item not eligible for icloud music library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.