Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music keeps asking me to sign up when I already have!

I subscribed to Apple Music on my Mac at home, and it works lovely! But now I am at work and trying to play Apple Music on my iPhone 6+ and it keeps sending me to a page asking for me to subscribe before it will go any further? What am I doing wrong?

Mac mini (Late 2012), iOS 6.1.4, latest iTunes update

Posted on Jul 6, 2015 5:46 AM

50 replies

Nov 4, 2017 8:51 PM in response to arthur1979

Having the same problem. I bought my macbook air yesterday and have been setting it up with all the features that i normally have and my apple ID which has an apple music subscription linked to it was setup on the laptop. It was working fine yesterday and this morning but now whenever i click to play a song from my library it asks me to sign into apple music even though i am clearly logged in due to the fact that m itunes is personalised and eve has my name all over it.

Please help

Nov 5, 2017 12:55 PM in response to arthur1979

Hi, i've had the same problem and it all started when i bought my new macbook air. I messed around with it a bit and worked out that you need to authorise the device. When you are on itunes on your mac, the doc up the top of the screen will show a tab saying accounts. If you click on that and then click 'authorisations' and then it will have a tab saying 'authorise this computer'. You will need to enter your Apple ID to authorise but from then on you should be good.

Jul 16, 2015 9:41 AM in response to arthur1979

The same thing was happening to me & I realized that I have not turned off my phone at all since I did the latest software update. I turned off my phone & turned it back on and that seems to have resolved the issue. As soon as I turned it back on I was prompted for my Apple ID & Password - after entering it I received a couple of pop-ups telling me that I'm already registered for Apple Music. The pop-ups were a little annoying, but easy enough to get rid of. I think my phone finally got the hint and I haven't been asked to register for Apple Music anymore.

Aug 24, 2015 1:04 AM in response to bluemondayz

I have the exact same issue as bluemondayz and it drives me crazy.

This problem used to exist since I started my trial, but back then it maybe happened once in a few days. Since last week I can be happy if I can listen to music for 30 minutes. I cannot reboot my phone every 30 minutes...

I also noticed that as soon as this happens, the "Music" settings are frozen and cannot be opened anymore until you reboot the device.

Aug 24, 2015 6:52 AM in response to soundinator

Seems to be the worst over cellular data. For the last several days I've been unable to use my iPhone 5S (8.4.1) while in the car on CarPlay. I have to get back to the house or office and reboot the phone in order to clear the prompt. As the poster above me said, even the settings page for iTunes is locked out until this prompt is cleared.

The prompt, after selection an options, stays grayed out and frozen until the phone is returned to WiFi or it is rebooted. There is no other fix. Force closing iTunes just returns the choice the next time it is opened. iTunes is set in settings to use Cellular Data.

Very irritating.

User uploaded fileUser uploaded file

Aug 25, 2015 1:28 AM in response to intercede007

Hi intercede007

I hade a closer look at the things you mentioned:

As I use Apple Music on my way to work mostly I also experienced the issues over cellular. Also, our Wi-fi in the office is not very reliable so I was using cellular most of the time as well.

I have now listened to music over wi-fi a while and unfortunately this does not seem to work either. After maybe 30 minutes the next song of an album does not play and the login screen appears after a while.

Switching back to wifi or turn on airplan mode and then switch back to wi-fi does not seem to work either.

Quite strange: even when the login prompt appread I can still listen to songs I do not own but I have been listing to recently. So Apple Music seems to cache this somehow. However: For me there is no way to play songs I did not listen to recently beside rebooting the whole device.

If this is not resolved soon I will need to quit apple music even if I like it!

I'm also on 8.4.1 but an iPhone 6.

Aug 25, 2015 11:41 AM in response to arthur1979

The same thing just started to happen to me about 2 days ago. Prior to that it was working great for a few weeks. Restarting the music app doesn't work, only a reboot of my phone (iphone 6) solves the issue for a little while. After a reboot it lets me listen to one album or an apple curated playlist but if I try to switch to anything else it spins and eventually shows the join apple music screen.

Apple Music keeps asking me to sign up when I already have!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.