Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why won't iTunes Match work in iTunes 12.2.1?

Ever since the new Apple Music started, iTunes Match isn't an option for my to turn on my iTunes for Windows 8. It's listed on the store menu but I don't have the option to click on it. I was struggling with this last night with my wife's computer and now my computer. I tried importing a CD for my wife last night but couldn't turn Match on so it wasn't showing up in her library. This is what it looks like when I try to use Match with Apple Music.

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 13, 2015 1:05 PM

82 replies

Jul 14, 2015 3:15 PM in response to Wags_16

I just updated my iTunes last night so I have the newest version and I am having this issue as well... I can't select the iTunes Match function as well. Someone suggested to File > Library > Update iCloud Music Library. I tried this route and nothing happens. It does not sync my new music to the cloud. Its very annoying. I am happy that others are having this same issue, meaning that there is probably a software bug that Apple is "hopefully" addressing.

Jul 15, 2015 11:52 AM in response to Wags_16

Try this...

My Music->Songs. Right click one of the sorting menus at the top of the page and select iCloud Status from the list of options. This will add the iCloud Status sorting menu. Now sort using this menu and you will see things like Purchased, Matched, Apple Music, Uploaded, Ineligible, Waiting, and so forth. Select all the songs with Waiting status. Now right click and you should see an option to upload those songs.

Jul 15, 2015 1:06 PM in response to Wags_16

I'm having the same issue. Since installing the latest iTunes, I no longer have the iCloud Status column nor can I add it. iCloud Status is not included in the list of available columns to add. And I no longer have the Store menu to turn on iTunes Match. I have Account, which allows me to turn on Genius, but nothing about iTunes Match. I didn't think having Apple Music cancels the ability to also use iTunes Match. I'm confused.

Jul 16, 2015 4:42 AM in response to Jimzgoldfinch

Doesn't work for me.

When I check "iCloud Music Library", the loading circle appears in the top right and I see all the purchased songs. But not my iTunes Match songs.

I tried to turn off Genius, Sign out, restart computer then sign-in many times, but still the issue.

On another computer, I can see my iTunes Match songs when I login.

So the good news is that the Music didn't disappeared completely.

Why won't iTunes Match work in iTunes 12.2.1?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.