Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Random volume changes playing music with iOS 8.4

Since upgrading to iOS 8.4 I get random volume changes while playing music. Sometimes mid-song the volume will jump either up or down. Often it fixes itself after a few seconds; other times I fiddle with the volume buttons, stop/start playback, push the sleep button, etc and it comes right. I haven't specifically tried fast forwarding like many people. I'm also trying to confirm that the number of bars in the volume "box" changes when these jumps happen - thus far I think it doesn't reflect the volume changes.

I've seen a few similar posts like below, though they are not quite the same as my porblem:

problems with volume decreases even with the highest volume

Volume issues with update to iOS 8.4

This has only started after moving to iOS 8.4. However, a related problem is that music volume has always decreased after watching a Facebook video. FB app needs to be close to return volume to normal (wish Apple would fix this too).

I use MediaMonkey on my PC for my music collection. This adds a "volume check" level to tracks when added to the library, the same as "Sound Check" on iTunes. This has never been a problem before though.

Posted on Jul 27, 2015 6:19 PM

2 replies

Jul 28, 2015 3:06 AM in response to Steve Gordon

I'm also having same issue when switching apps or when receiving a Whatssapp / Fb message, I plugged my headphones to another device to check for a possible problem with hardware but I didn't found anything wrong with them, I already tried to fix it by reseting the phone but that didn't work. Hopefully it gets

fixed with the next update.

Random volume changes playing music with iOS 8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.