Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

"Remove from Recents" missing from iOS 9 mail

H there,

If I enter an email address which is not in my address book into mail and wish once used to delete it , in iOS 8 i clicked the ℹ icon to the right of the list of emails which popped up as the partly typed the email address. Then selected "Remove from Recents' which was at the bottom of the list in red.

In iOS 9 its gone !

Anyone any ideas please how I now delete unwanted email addresses once used which are not saved to the address book.

A big thanks to anyone who posts the answer.

David

iPad Air 2 Wi-Fi, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 12:48 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 7:44 AM

It can be done if you have a Mac and use Mail. Type and select the address you want to delete in the To box. Then right-click and select remove from recents.

If you have a PC, login to iCloud and you can do it from there and it's actually easier.

It seems to sync across all devices so the recent delete from iPhone and iPad Mail, but hopefully it'll soon be bought back to iOS 9.

You may need to close and reopen Mail on your iPhone / iPad for it to take effect and may take a minute or so.

73 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Sep 17, 2015 7:44 AM in response to David Bedford

It can be done if you have a Mac and use Mail. Type and select the address you want to delete in the To box. Then right-click and select remove from recents.

If you have a PC, login to iCloud and you can do it from there and it's actually easier.

It seems to sync across all devices so the recent delete from iPhone and iPad Mail, but hopefully it'll soon be bought back to iOS 9.

You may need to close and reopen Mail on your iPhone / iPad for it to take effect and may take a minute or so.

Sep 24, 2015 2:02 PM in response to David Bedford

Hey

Its really annoying that "Remove from Recent" feature has been removed in ios9.

My phone is flooded with incorrect email addresses and i just cannot find a way to get rid off it.

How could apple make such big mistakes without a solution and how could apple remove such a basic feature..its unbelievable.

I thought ios9 is going to be better than ios8 but honestly after updating my phone to ios9 , i dont even feel like using my phone.

Its a request..please bring the feature back because its quite irritating when incorrect email addresses keep popping up and a lot of time is wasted in correcting it.

I hope APPLE will come up with a solution asap.

And i will be really glad if anybody could help me in finding a way to remove the incorrect email addresses from the mail.

Sep 24, 2015 2:06 PM in response to ridhi022

Spartanet's solution above worked for me:

"Remove from Recents" missing from iOS 9 mail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.