Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No update buttons in App Store iOS 9

I can't update any of my apps in the App Store on my iPhone 6. I just upgraded to iOS 9. Immediately after the upgrade, I there were about 76 apps that needed updating. I chose a few to update, and those installed fine. But now when I go to the Updates area, every single app has an OPEN button next to it instead of an UPDATE button. Sometimes when I go to the Updates area, each app will briefly have an UDPATE button, but each one very quickly changes to an OPEN button. The Update All link at the top is disabled.

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 12:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 12:54 PM

Hi

Go to itunes main page bottom of page Apple ID Sign out then Sign back in .

That may help .

Cheers

Brian (UK )

42 replies

Sep 16, 2015 2:04 PM in response to caritas48

@rom1gre on Twitter suggested:

I turned off wifi, launch app store, press very quickly update all and then turned back on wifi!

This worked for me. I don't have cellular on iPad. Update buttons remained as update and started slowly turning into Open buttons. Switched to settings, turned on wifi, went back to App Store and tapped Update All again. Good luck!

No update buttons in App Store iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.