Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iOS 9 podcast app video in fullscreen

Before the update of the iPad to iOS9, it was possible to enjoy video podcasts full screen.

Now after the update, videos are played only in a small area of the screen.

Besides there are big bright white areas with controls and title.

User uploaded file

Any one an idea how to switch to full screen?

iPad 2, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 16, 2015 11:11 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 12:37 AM

On the iPhone it's a rotate to landscape which lets the video switch to full screen.

Unfortunately on the iPad this doesn't work.

Hope Apple will fix this soon.

143 replies

Sep 17, 2015 10:45 AM in response to DanielZ71

Yeah, same issue, terrible UX, I don't understand how no fullscreen playback option, for iPad, made it to final release. This will look really bad on the iPad Pro. 😉

No fullscreen video podcast play back, giant bright white bars taking up half the screen is just bad U.I. design.

Having a light or white interface in a video play back app is wrong and then not having a proper full screen option is just a major fail. Makes no sense to not have it and I really don't understand the bright white U.I. background. When I go to a movie theater, the room is dark, not lit with bright white lights, during the movie.

I also don't like the translucent white U.I. background of the Video app either, but at least it fades away as your video plays in fullscreen.

I really hope this gets fixed because it should be considered a bug. I did a quick web search and found a few other mentions of this issue, some people reported it the bug during the iOS 9 beta and one person noticed the issue still exists in the current iOS 9.1 developer beta.

http://forums.imore.com/ios-9/338585-ios-9-beta-podcast-ipad-no-full-screen-vide o.html

Send Apple feedback so they fix this Podcast app bug

http://www.apple.com/feedback/podcasts_ios.html

Sep 17, 2015 5:32 PM in response to DanielZ71

I have been beta testing for Apple since june'15 or beta 9.0.1. During that timeframe I got six updates including last weeks public beta 9.1 and I filed feedback report with documentation on the same day I got my first beta. Apple have known this for three months and done ZERO. AirPlay doesn't work too, sound levels goes up and down when using the music app on arriving messages. So first it lowers it to a near no hear level and on the next arrival of a message it turns it up to full blown audio level And that's how it continues. I found a total of 30 errors during those three months and guess what. None were corrected.

its embarresing Apple, unprofessional and basically they screw their customers as the beta test phase obviously only was for a good look in the public. I'm returning to 8.4.

EXtremely unsatisfied with Apple beta test team that wasted my time completely. Now they even delete the feedback app, and erased all proof of errors.last count of feedbacks were over 135000 error reports.

Sep 18, 2015 3:56 PM in response to MikesApples

Mike

You are right. You should not have to pay to recover a significant function lost to an "upgrade".

I had used Downcast long before Apple had Podcasts, and continued using it until a few months ago when Podcasts got the smart playlists. I had forgotten Downcast is a paid app. I only changed over because Podcasts works a smidgeon better with the CUE system in my car.

It is irksome to know that if you buy Downcast, Apple is rewarded with a 30% vig for removing functionality. Now that I think of it, that sounds like a business plan.

I'm as frustrated and disapointed as you.

iOS 9 podcast app video in fullscreen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.