Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Help! iOS 9 - No Service on iPhone 5

Just installed iOS 9 - and after that lost connection with my cellular network - "NO SERVICE". I tried everything, restored the entire phone - NOTHING! I can't use my phone anymore.

Please help!

iPhone 5, iOS 9, null

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 3:58 AM

100 replies

Sep 17, 2015 4:19 AM in response to ShadowDust99

Thanks for the response. The first thing what I did was ejecting the SIM card, then million times of turning off and on, then, resetting the network settings, erasing all what is possible, then trying to restore, then trying in recovery mode, then... reading dozen forums about this issue on Internet....

NOTHING WAS HELPFUL! THE PROBLEM IS STILL THERE.

Now trying to download the firmware iOS 8.4 from some suspicious web-site, and will try to install it

Apple - no comments, I've a got a big headache!!!

Sep 21, 2015 12:14 PM in response to CLW13

I just tried resetting my network settings, and it worked, I now have cell service:

To do this, head into Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. This process can take a few minutes to complete and after it’s done, your device will have forgotten known Wi-Fi passwords so make sure you have your password handy.

Sep 22, 2015 3:26 AM in response to CLW13

This also helped me, but only temporary. Resetting the network settings gave my iPhone 5s cell service and 4G for about 30 minutes and now it's back to "No service".

I visited an Apple partner store today and one of the service reps told me that he had heard of several customers having trouble with cell service after upgrading to IOS9. The 9.1 update has been rumored to be published some time during this week according to him, and might fix the problem.

WARNING: Resetting the network settings will delete all your WIFI passwords, not only on your iPhone but in your iCloud keychain.

This means the all your WIFI passwords will be wiped out for your MacBooks, iPads et.c.

Help! iOS 9 - No Service on iPhone 5

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.