Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Bug AirPlay Only sound since iOS 9

HEllo

i updated my iPhone 5 and iPad 4th generation yesterday. Since I did that, I have issues with AirPlay on my ATV 2. It's running on 5.2. I cannot stream video. When I do I can only hear the sound. Is it an iOS 9 bug ? I think so because yesterday on iOS 8, everything was fine...

AppleTV 2

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 4:39 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 9:24 AM

Having problems with Airplay and Apple tv 2 also. Looks like Apple tv 2 customers are screwed

41 replies

Sep 17, 2015 10:20 AM in response to Fred0684

Not sure if it's really a bug. It didn't work in the betas either.

Read online Apple has made a lot of under the hood changes to airplay to support higher security and the next release with TV OS. More than likely our older Apple TVs are indeed being phased out or at least requiring newest software upgrades. Kind of *****, I have three Apple TVs running 5.2 as well. I guess it's been a good five year run.

Sep 25, 2015 1:01 PM in response to Fred0684

I Can't believe Apple have done this. We have three ATV 2'S bedroom, kitchen and one in lounge. Have been using them all the time to stream movies and YouTube etc daily with No problems past Two years. My wife and I updated our ipads and phones to iOS 9 and now when we try stream movies we only get audio coming through. This is so frustrating and absolutely infuriating why when something worked seamlessly now doesn't :-(. Our kids can still stream their phones and mini iPads as they haven't updated to ios9. But that's just ridiculous. Another issue is NOTES, my wife and I have used this standard app to keep all our abbreviated passwords, bank details and other important notes. Previously you could search what you were looking for eg. Yahoo, hsbc, Costa and it would take you straight to the note where the password could be recalled instantly. Now that function is gone. It searches it and shows in brief but when you click the link it doesn't take you to the exact note instead you have to scroll through all 100 plus notes to find what you want!!! Again why oh why. Why mess up things that just work so well :-( :-(

please sort it Apple this is unforgivable and making me so angry and frustrated that I feel like we will no longer be an apple loyal family!!!

Bug AirPlay Only sound since iOS 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.