Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't hear any sound on calls after iOS9 update

Hey. I updated my iPhone 6 woth the new ios9 software last night. Since then when I make or receive a call i can't hear anything and the person on the other end of the phone can't hear me either. Same issue if I use loud speaker. is there a simple way to fix this thanks

iPhone 6, iOS 9

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 10:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 7:21 PM

I have the same issue! apple please help!!!

43 replies

Sep 23, 2015 8:12 PM in response to gcmathews1

Have the same problem. Callers can't hear me, I can't hear them. Doesn't work with phone speaker and mic, doesn't work with Bluetooth, doesn't work with headphones. I can hear music via Bluetooth, I can hear sounds on my phone, I can hear music through speaker. Can also hear and record voicemails. Only thing that doesn't work is phone calls. Have no problems with data, texting, anything.

Went to Apple and they said the microphone is out. Had no comment why I can make phone calls like normal on Facebook Messenger and all voicemail functions work. No explanation why microphone in the phone keeps me from making calls while on Bluetooth.

Went to AT&T and they said it's a phone problem. Sim card makes calls in other phones.

Can't hear any sound on calls after iOS9 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.