Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No notification sound and Siri muted after installing iOS9

Hi,

I upgraded my iPhone 6 / 64GB from iOS 8 to iOS9 today and the Siri is muted. I able to use Siri features but there is no sound (she doesn't speak at all). Same thing happens on notification sound. Sometime I get notification sound 'Beep' on WhatsApp new message sometimes don't.

is this a bug?

Regards,

Leandro

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 2:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Sep 17, 2015 11:18 PM

Same problem. Siri is mute in my language (Italian) but it works if I change it with other languages. It works fine only the first day. In whatsapp I've the same bug.

21 replies

Sep 19, 2015 5:22 AM in response to guedesleandro

Hi everyone, I have fixed my Siri MUTED! \o/

1. Go to "Settings" > "General"

2. Then, go to "Accessibility" menu and "Voice Over" and then "Languages or Dialects" (or Speaking).

3. Select "Default dialect" and re-select your language speaker. For me, I am portuguese speaker I selected "Raquel (Refined)" -- not default

... and success. Check if your silent switch button on the left of your iphone is unmuted and test your Siri! 🙂

But my notification sound on WhatsApp is still unstable. Sometimes works sometimes dont. 😢

Leandro Guedes

Sep 24, 2015 9:22 PM in response to guedesleandro

Someone called Taurus Writer on another message board suggested the following (last July, but for a similar problem):

I spent weeks trying to solve this issue and I checked my Do Not Disturb settings countless times...however, look in your list of Messages...does any Message have the MOON next to that Contact? Click on that Message, click on Details, and you will see that you have Do Not Disturb on for THAT specific Contact.

This worked for me for the problem after iOS 9.0.1 and it would explain why some people find the problem is intermittent - Do Not Disturb (somehow introduced by iOS 9.0.1) for some callers and not others.

No notification sound and Siri muted after installing iOS9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.